Weekly Tiger News
Emerson Elementary Communication - June 17, 2022
Last Day of School Monday, June 20 Dismissal at 11:45
We are so incredibly proud of how our Emerson Community came together this year to persevere through challenges as we returned to full-time in person school. Our students worked hard each day to grow in their academic and social emotional learning, our staff rallied together to keep every classroom up and running each day, and our families supported students every step of the way. We all have a lot to be proud of as we enter summer break!
As a reminder, our Emerson library will be open on Wednesdays throughout the summer. This will begin July 6 and will run through August 24. The library will be open from 9:00-11:00 a.m. Encouraging your child to visit the library and read throughout the summer will greatly support them in being ready for their upcoming grade. Visiting the library is a wonderful opportunity to promote a strong culture of reading and learning over the summer.
While we reflect on this year, we also have some staff members we are saying goodbye to as they are moving on to new and exciting adventures in their lives. We have been so fortunate to have had these amazing educators supporting our Emerson students and we wish them well!
- Ms. Ruth - our evening custodian. Ruth is retiring!
- Mrs. Wedler - our para educator supporting students in our Resource Room. She is also retiring!
- Ms. Marrs - our Resource Room teacher. She is becoming a 6th grade classroom teacher at Machias Elementary!
- Ms. Connie - our Multi-Language Learner para educator and family liaison. Ms. Connie will be student teaching at Cathcart Elementary!
- Mrs. Noe - our Title 1 teacher. Mrs. Noe will be teaching in sunny St. Croix!
- Mr. Adam - our behavior support tech. Adam will be doing a full-time internship for his degree in school counseling at Centennial Middle School!
- Ms. Holly - our para educator supporting students in classrooms and on the playground.
- Ms. Tyresha - our para educator supporting students in classrooms and on the playground.
Together as a community, we have made it through a challenging and rewarding year of school. The successes, celebrations, and highlights have been possible due to the partnership and dedication from our students, staff, and families. We want to thank all of you for your continued support. Celebrate your child's successes from the 2021-2022 school year and have a well deserved and relaxing summer break! We can't wait to see you all in the fall for another amazing school year.
Sam Hanson, Principal
Alice Dailey, Principal Intern
Emerson Elementary School
Emerson End of Year 2021-22 Video
Library Books are Past Due
Medication Pick Up
The end of the school year is fast approaching. We want to ensure that your student’s leftover medication is safely returned to your home. Please make arrangements to pick-up the medication at school. Any medication left in the building over the summer will be destroyed.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Nurse Marcia at email@example.com or 360-563-7162.
Central Emerson PTA
CENTRAL EMERSON PTA PRESENTS FAMILY NIGHT AT THE EVERETT AQUASOX’S
July 10th at 4:05 p.m. vs. Vancouver
Fun events during the game: Amazing Tyler Appearance As seen on America's Got Talent, Ripley's Believe it or Not, The Go Big Show, ESPN and Halftime Shows across the country! Come see his amazing balancing act!
Kids run the bases at every Sunday game in 2022.
Meet at the first base gate 10 minutes after the game ends; Kids Club Members go first! Kids cannot go on the field until all players have exited.
Bring the family and meet up with school friends to join us for a fun game night at the Aquasox’s this summer. Central-Emerson will be on the big board during the game so we can cheer loud!! Tickets are at a discounted rate of $7 per person or $28 per family. All cash/check order must be in by June 17. Families can order via Venmo until June 26. Ordering information is in Thursday Folders and below. Email any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. The Aquasox are doing will call pick up with the family name on the day of the game.
Be sure to look at our FB page for all news at Central-Emerson PTA.
Click here for Central Emerson PTA on Facebook.
If you have any questions – please contact email@example.com.
Volleyball Youth Camp
K-6 Remote’s 5th and 6th grade teacher is hosting two camps at Snohomish High School this summer. Along with teaching, she is the head coach for Snohomish High School Volleyball. There is a youth camp from July 11-13 from 4-6 p.m. The youth camp is open to grades 3-8. There is also a high school camp that is open to all incoming freshman-seniors. Western Washington University will be hosting the high school camp at Snohomish High School July 25-27 from 9 a.m. - 4 p.m.
To attend the youth camp, please fill out the attached form “Youth Camp-SHS VB Panther Volleyball Skills Camp.” To attend the high school camp, please fill out the attached two forms “High School Camp-WWU Form” and “ High School Camp-SHS VB Panther Volleyball Skills Camp Registration Packet.” There are directions on the forms for payment and registration.
Ms. Doyle would like to invite all of K-6 Remote to attend! These camps are open to any Snohomish School District students. She looks forward to seeing you this summer. 😊
These camps are open to any Snohomish School District students! If you have any questions please email firstname.lastname@example.org. She looks forward to seeing you this summer!
Kids Cafe Returns this Summer
All area kids age 18 and younger are invited to join us at our Kids' Café summer breakfast and lunch program. The program is free, and there is no pre-registration or sign-up. Kids just need to show up and enjoy a great breakfast and/or lunch. Kids' Café is held Monday through Friday and runs from Monday, June 27, through Friday, August 26. (There is no service on Monday, July 4.)
We offer meals at the following times and locations:
- Snohomish High School
- Breakfast - 8:30-9 a.m.
- Lunch - 11:30 a.m.-12:30 p.m.
- Three Rivers Mobile Home Park
- Lunch - 11:15-11:30 a.m. Lunch
- Snohomish Boys and Girls Club
- Breakfast - 8:30-9 a.m.
- Lunch - 11:55 a.m.-12:20 p.m.
- Snohomish Aquatic Center
- Lunch - 12:25-12:45 p.m.
- Circle H Mobile Home Park
- Lunch - 12:55-1:15 p.m.
Notes about the program:
- Children will need to consume all meals on site. Children cannot take food away from the service site.
- Children must be present to get a meal. Children will not be permitted to take food for siblings at home.
- Children may only receive one meal per child, per day.
- Parent/guardian pick up of meals is not allowed.
- Mealtimes (breakfast and lunch) are stand alone, and meals can only be served at the predetermined times. Breakfast and lunch cannot be served together.
Make sure your child's immunizations are up to date!
It is important to make sure your child goes to their regularly scheduled wellness appointments, which often include immunizations. The summer months are a great time to get your child caught up with immunization requirements before the 2022-2023 school year. Schedule your appointments early, as health care providers’ schedules quickly fill up in August and September. Make sure to turn in your updated immunization paperwork to the school by Wednesday, September 7.
This reminder is especially important if your child is transitioning to preschool, kindergarten, or 7h grade, as each of these grades has additional immunization requirements.
Every student enrolled/registered in school or childcare in the state of Washington must have medically verified up-to-date immunization records on file with the school in which they are enrolled/registering before the first day of school 2022-2023. Medically verified immunization records include one or more of the following:
- A Certificate of Immunization Status (CIS) printed from the Immunization Information System (IIS)
- A physical copy of the CIS form with a healthcare provider signature
- A physical copy of the CIS form with accompanying medical immunization records from a healthcare provider verified and signed by school staff
- A CIS printed from MyIR
2022-2023 School Year Calendar Dates
- Wednesday, September 7 - First day of school
- Week of October 24 - Fall conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Friday, November 11- No school/Veterans Day
- Wednesday, November 23 - Half-day early release
- Thursday, November 24-Friday, November 25 - No school/Thanksgiving Break
- Tuesday, December 20 - Half-day early release
- Wednesday, December 21-Tuesday, January 3 - No school/Winter Break
- Wednesday, January 4 - Classes resume after Winter Break
- Monday, January 16 - No school/MLK Jr. Day
- Monday, January 30 - No school/Beginning of second semester and non-student day
- Friday, February 17-Monday, February 20 - No school/Mid-Winter Break
- Week of March 27 - Spring conference week (schedule and details TBD)
- Monday, April 3-Friday, April 7 - No school/Spring Break
- Monday, May 29 - No school/Memorial Day
- Friday, June 16 - Last day of school
- Monday, June 19 - No school/Juneteenth
- Tuesday, June 20-Friday, June 23 - Potential snow/inclement weather make-up days
Visit www.sno.wednet.edu/calendars for additional information regarding district and school events and activities.
Click here to complete transportation form for 2022-23 school year.
New Students - Register for the 2022-2023 School Year
Summer Swim Lessons - Register Today
School Office Availability
- High school, middle school and elementary school offices will be closed to the public after Friday, June 24
District Approved Community Flyers
- Camp Girls on the Run
- COVID-19 Study Conducted by UW and the Center for Health Research at Kaiser Permanente Northwest - You and your family are invited to join a research study to help understand more about COVID-19. You do not need to be vaccinated to participate. You will receive free weekly COVID-19 PCR tests delivered to and picked up from the convenience of your home. Learn more at cascadiastudy.org.
- Court Appointed Special Advocate (CASA) Volunteers Needed
- Crossview Tutoring
- Girls Scouts Open House
- Girls on the Run - Willis Tucker Park Team
- Glacier Peak Girls Basketball Youth Summer Camp
- Glacier Peak Girls Soccer Summer Camp for K-7th Grade
- Glacier Peak High School Grizzly Softball Camp - June 22-23
- Glacier Peak Volleyball Boosters Summer Camp
- Glacier Peak Youth Football Association GPYFA Registration
- Glacier Peak Youth Summer Tennis Camp
- Grizzly Open Youth Tennis Tournament - August 18-21
- Join GPYFA Youth Cheer
- Mariners Grand Slam Camps - July 11-14
- Miracles and Memories Academy Summer Camp
- Myles Gaskin Football Camp - June 26
- Reflections School of Dance Summer Programming
- Snohomish Aquatic Center Youth Summer Swim Team
- Snohomish Cooperative Preschool Registration
- Snohomish High School Boys Basketball Summer Camp
- Snohomish High School Youth Volleyball Camp - July 11-13
- Snohomish Junior Cheer
- SPJFA Mini Cheer Camp - June 25
- SPJFA Spring Flag Football and Fall Tackle Football Sign Ups
- Taekwondo for Kids - June 2022
- Transportation Bus Driver Open House
Fliers are typically posted on Tuesdays during the months of August through June. For additional flier program details and/or to complete a request for distribution, please click here.
Monday - Thursday 8:35 a.m. - 3:15 p.m.
Early Dismissal every Friday 8:35 a.m. - 1:15 p.m.
Monday - Thursday 8:00 a.m. 4:00 p.m.
Friday 8:00 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Main Number: 360-563-7150
Attendance Line: 360-563-7156
Attendance email: EM-Attendance@sno.wednet.edu
The Snohomish School District does not discriminate in any programs or activities on the basis of sex, race, creed, religion, color, national origin, age, veteran or military status, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, disability, or the use of a trained dog guide or service animal and provides equal access to the Boy Scouts and other designated youth groups. The following employees have been designated to handle questions and complaints of alleged discrimination: Civil Rights Coordinator, Title IX Coordinator and ADA – Darryl Pernat, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7285, email@example.com; Section 504 Coordinator and Harassment, Intimidation and Bullying – Shawn Stevenson, 1601 Avenue D, Snohomish, WA 98290, 360-563-7282, firstname.lastname@example.org.