November News #readytofly
A Note from Mrs. Phillips
Dear Hornet Families,
Welcome to November!
We have so many things to celebrate from the month of October!
- All K-2 students completed the Dyslexia screener and very few students were flagged for the next steps. This is a great improvement from last year at this time.
- Our K-Kids donated $250 towards the LSP food pantry, shopped, and distributed to families. The other half of our K-Kids will do the same at the November 9th distribution.
- Data analysis during our RTI Tuesday allowed our staff to design intervention strategies for our most struggling students.
- All teachers participated in tier 1 instruction for teaching reading with Logic of English. As a district, we are learning how to incorporate scientifically research-based strategies to help our readers.
- All classes participated in Jacy House evidence-based lessons that empower them with strategies to prevent, recognize and respond appropriately to bullying, cyber-bullying, all types of abuse, and digital abuse dangers.
- Grades 3-6 completed the Too Good for Drugs program with Chief Deputy Blaes.
- Students, nominated by each teacher, are being recognized as students of the month. This has created another positive initiative to honor the work of those students who go above and beyond on a daily basis.
- Parent-teacher conferences were well attended and Quarter 1 success was shared.
We are excited to invite you to our Veterans Day program on Friday, November 10th. We will have a short assembly, honoring those who have served, with readings and song. Our program will begin at 9:00. Please enter through the gym door. We will have coffee and pastries for all families after the presentation and invite you to visit our Scholastic Book Fair. The book fair will be open to all families from 10:00 a.m.-3:00 p.m. on that Friday and 5:00-7:00 p.m. on the 15th. Students will have an opportunity to shop throughout the week.
The weather has turned cold very quickly. We believe in taking our kids out as much as possible. As long as the weather is above freezing with the wind chill, we will have outdoor recess. Please dress your child appropriately with a coat and hat. Do you need help with winter jackets? Please reach out to Mrs. McCann for community resources that can assist.
My goal is to be as transparent as possible as your leader. If there is anything we can do better, please let me know. You can always message me on Dojo, Facebook or Twitter. I am also available by email and phone. I will return your communication within 24 hours. Have a great month of November!
Be kind, be amazing, and ALWAYS be ready to F.L.Y.!
11/1-20: Collection of boxed sides for LSP food pantry
11/3: Student of the Month celebration
11/3: 3rd grade field trip
11/5: Daylight Savings Time ends
11/7: Election Day
11/9 & 10: Bookmobile
11/9: LSP Food Pantry open (K-Kids helping with distribution)
11/10: Veterans Day Program
11/10-17: Scholastic Book Fair
11/13: World Kindness Day
11/16: Quarter 2 mid-term reports sent home
11/22-24: Thanksgiving Break
11/20: 3rd grade 4-H/Purdue Extension presentation
11/15: Family night at the Book Fair
11/30 & 12/1: Bookmobile
Quarter 2: Oct. 9th -Dec. 22nd
Can you contribute to our pantry drive?
Veterans Day Program
This year to celebrate World Kindness Day (November 13th)
Fayette Central Elementary will be creating our very own Kindness Rock Garden!
We need your help in supplying rocks for the garden. Please send in a SMALL rock
(with a flat surface if possible) with your child by November 8th. The rock will be
painted by your student and placed in our garden. If you are unable to provide a
rock please let your child’s teacher know and we will make sure they have a rock
to paint. If you have access to extra rocks, please check with your child’s teacher
to see if extras are needed.
Thank you for your support!
School Social Worker
Fayette Central Elementary
Home of the Hornets
Mrs. Kirsten Phillips
Follow directions, Listen and learn, Your personal best
Location: 2928 North County Road 225 West, Connersville, IN, USA