UNI College Fair
Tuesday, September 15th at the McLeod Center
SENIORS AND JUNIORS
You are invited to attend two college fairs in the next few weeks to assist in the journey to explore post-secondary options. The CFHS counselors really encourage our JUNIORS to participate in the UNI College Fair. It is a great way to begin the exploration process.
Juniors are required to sign up for the bus and seniors can sign up for the bus OR drive themselves WITH PARENT PERMISSION. All students need to sign up HERE and attend either the 9:00 AM shift or the 10:00 AM shift. STUDENTS MUST SIGN UP by MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 14TH IF THEY DRIVE THEMSELVES OR RIDE THE BUS.
Here is LIST of colleges at the fair.
Students need to pre-register their information for the fairs by accessing the registration form at: www.iowacollegefairs.com . When the registration is complete, the student will be able to print off the barcode and bring it with them to the College Fair. The student’s information will not be shared with any third party vendors. The information will only be shared with the colleges/universities the student targets.
The Golden Circle College Fair is Sunday, September 27th from 12:30 p.m. to 3:00 p.m. at Hy-Vee Hall in downtown Des Moines. Check out the website for participating colleges and more information. It is a wonderful opportunity to visit with folks from several different colleges in Iowa and from out of state.
College fairs are a great way to meet with several colleges in just a couple of hours. They're especially useful if you know what you want in a college but haven't narrowed down your list enough for campus visits.
Get Ready for the Fair
1. Find out which colleges are exhibiting at the fair.
2. Select the schools you're most interested in and plan to visit those booths first.
3. List questions you have for specific schools, such as information about activities you'd like to pursue or requirements for your major.
4. Preregister on the CFHS Counseling website so you have a barcode with your information attached.
Make the Most of the Fair
1. Look at a map and plan your route.
2. Leave some time to browse through booths; you might find a wonderful college you haven't already considered.
Take the Next Step
1. Review the materials you brought home, along with your notes.
2. Decide which colleges you want to learn more about.
3. Organize materials and notes for each college in one folder. Print off a college checklist from the Iowa College Access Network website to keep track of information.
4. Do some more research on the colleges that interest you. Explore websites, request information from admissions offices and set up campus visits.
Please contact the CFHS Counseling Office at 553-2515 for questions.