Burrolibrary Weekly Update
Your guide for all things Hillsboro High School Library!
More than just a database
Find a Space to help
Everyone experiences stress, and learning how to manage it is one of the best things you can do for your mental and physical health. If you’re feeling overwhelmed, or just need to take a break, these tools and resources can help you relax, de-stress, and refocus.
Find a person to talk to.
Find a Space to help
Find a person to talk to.
Teen Health & Wellness provided by Limitless Libraries
Find comfort and knowledge regarding personal health issues of interest to teenagers. Based on health reference series Coping and Need to Know.
AUDIENCEMiddle School, High School, Educators
School: Login is automatic at school.
Home: Login with your NPL Card Number/Student ID and PIN (Birthday as MMDD) when at home.
No Tricks All Treats in October!
Our pumpkins are full of treats for those who:
- Check out a book from Hillsboro = 1 Treat
- Pick-up their Limitless Libraries Book = 1 Treat
- Follows @Burrolibrary on Instagram = 1 Treat
- Tags @Burrolibrary with a picture of why you love Hillsboro's library = 2 Treats
Students must have a correctly written Green Transfer Hall pass to the library to participate.
5 Treat a day limit!
College Visits have started!
The visits are coming!
There will be 3 ways to visit with College & Career Reps!
1. Virtually through Teams link from wherever you are. (opportunity where parents can watch)
2. In-Person visits in the library during PLT.
3. Lunch Visits! Reps will have a table set up outside of cafeteria for students to visit and ask questions.Please join the Remind Group and join the Hillsboro Library Schoology page to see visits from last year's college Reps! Within each folder you can find important documents, contacts, & video from the recruiter on over 30 schools that visited.
College Career Link is always on www.burrolibrary.com !
College & Career Week in the Library Oct 18-22!
Writing Contest!!! Win Amazon Cash Money!!!
Nashville Public Library is presenting a WRITING CONTEST for Juniors and Seniors in high school. Here is a link to the promotional flyer in both B&W and Color.
The Grand Prize winners (one Junior, one Senior) get $300 Amazon Gift Cards and the opportunity to meet Colson Whitehead! The runner-up prizes are $200 and $100 Amazon gift cards and signed copies of his latest book published this month, Harlem Shuffle.
The deadline is Friday, October 8th, so spread the word to your writers today!
Need to come to the library?
As a reminder you need a hall pass to be in the library at any point of the school day, even during lunch.
Do you have this book????
Battle of the Books
Laptop Lost & Found Procedure
When laptops go missing in the building....
1st off, try to avoid that by never leaving it behind. To avoid confusion on whose laptop is whose, place an identifiable sticker on your laptop that helps identify your laptop. Good news, if you check out books in the library, we typically have an assortment of fun stickers.
Worst case scenario, you lose your laptop in the building, your teacher will not hold it but will turn it into the library. We will scan the barcode on the back to see who it is checked out to, then we will lock up the laptop and add your name to the Laptop List that teachers have access to. So you can simple stop by the library if your laptop is lost in the building or check in with a teacher to see if your name is on the list.
If you find a laptop, please return to the library! We will have a treat for you for being so sweet and returning a laptop!!!
Laptop & WIFI Issues
Thank you all for your patience with the Laptop team as we battle new issues daily.
The current issues are perfectly good laptops getting knocked off the WIFI. This looks to be a certificate issue and instructions about that are found below on whether the student needs to fill out the form for "WIFI Issues" and to be sent down. At the beginning we were not checking for certificates and only helping laptops get School WIFI. So we are getting some laptops back that we had just sent out thinking they would be good to go. Below is a guide to help with students and their laptops.
There is another level of complication that involves laptops that were assigned before we started using "Microsoft Intune". If you receive a pop-up to sign into Microsoft In-Tune on your MNPS Device, this is suggested to do.
The most important thing for Students bring your laptops daily even if it is not working. We can't help you with your laptop if you leave it at home.
ALSO, PLEASE! Do not share devices with other students. This is directions from the upper IT people who say that this causes various issues for the assigned user when you try to log back in.
I hope to return to regular library schedule ASAP, but I can't do that until we have a larger majority of students on working MNPS devices.
Follow this guide to see if you need to get your device ready for a Swap or helped at the library.
A device is good:
- If from the MyMNPS folder you click "Check Device certificates," and it says "The Required Certificate ARE PRESENT on this device" ... If not they keep getting knocked off WIFI seems to be the experience.
- If the MyMNPS Folder has (Check Devices & Forget Password)
- If it has the NWEA app in the Windows Bar on bottom left.
- Company Portal
A device needs to be swap:
- It has Global Protect
- If from the MyMNPS folder you click "Check Device certificates," and it says "The Required Certificate ARE NOT PRESENT on this device"
- Or if it doesn't load NWEA.