Spur-i Pepper Class News
Week of April 27th
4th Grade Girls Heart to Heart Preview Tomorrow
A note is coming home with the girls today.
Final Blanton Visit Tomorrow
We will have lunch before we leave.
If you are interested in joining us that would be fabulous as our class currently has one parent volunteer.
Class Placement meeting Thursday @ 9
Field Day is Friday
We will be participating in Field Day from 12:30-2:30. Please join us, if you are able!
We will eat lunch a little bit earlier (11:50-12:20) to accommodate our start time.
The current forecast looks like it will be sunny and warm! Yay!!
Please make sure your child wears their tennis shoes for Field Day. You may also want to send them with sunscreen, a hat, and an extra water bottle.
This week our learning targets are...
- Math: I can solve problems that deal with measurements of length, intervals of time, liquid volumes, mass, and money using addition, subtraction, multiplication, or division as appropriate and make observations about patterns in problems I solve.
- Writing: I can write an organized piece of writing of my choice!
- Reading: I can generate research topics from personal interests or by brainstorming with others, narrow to one topic, and formulate open-ended questions about the major research topic. I can generate a research plan for gathering relevant information about the major research question.
- Science: I can observe and collect data about organisms and their environments.
- Social Studies: I can analyze the causes, major events, and effects of the Texas Revolution (including the Battle of the Alamo, the Texas Declaration of Independence, the Runaway Scrape, and the Battle of San Jacinto).
4/27 School in Session Bad Weather Make-Up Day
4/28 Final Blanton Museum Field Trip (11:15-1:45)
4/28 Family Nutrition Night 5:30-7:30
4/30 Spring Pictures
4/30 Class Placement Meeting with Mrs. Prindle @ 9:00
5/1 Field Day!!!
5/29 End of Year Student-led Conferences (7:15-4)
A Note from the Clinic
It was a crazy busy morning in the clinic! Thanks for helping Nurse Glenda!
A Note from the Cafeteria
Save the Date!
Did you know?
Follow our Class on Twitter!
If you do not have a Twitter account you can still follow us via text!
Send Follow @torresteaches to 40404