Friday, October 14th
If you would be willing to donate items for our fall fun day please click this link to sign up. www.SignUpGenius.com/go/10C0C4FA9A82FA0FE3-fall
Our Veterans Day Celebration is scheduled for November 11, at 9:30 a.m. Veterans and active military members are invited to join us as we honor their service to our country.
To prepare for the event, I am asking that you email me a digital photo or send a photo in with your child of the veteran or current service member whom you know will be attending our Veterans Day Ceremony from your family.
To email the photo to me, address the message to email@example.com and include:
- "Veterans Day Photo" in the subject line
- the Shull student's name in the email
- the military member's first and last name in the email
- the military member's ranking in the email
- a contact number for you in case we have questions
CARING ABOUT NUTRITION FOOD DRIVE
- Oct. 17 - Munster MealsMonday - Donate cans of soup, individual bowls of ravioli or other pastas, or tuna salad lunch packets.
- Oct. 18 - Spooktacular Sides Tuesday - Give fruit cups, vegetable sides, and mac and cheese bowls.
- Oct. 19 - Ghoulish Goodies Wednesday - Donate snack foods like Rice Krispy treats, snack bags of gold fish, or pudding cups.
- Oct. 20 - Morning Mash-up Thursday - Donate breakfast items such as cereal bars, individual boxes of cereal, and pop-tarts.
- Oct. 21 - Not-so-frightful Friday - Provide extras like jars of peanut butter, fruit juice boxes, and shelf-stable milk.
If you have not signed up for a parent teacher conference please do so here:
Mrs. Kiger: www.signupgenius.com/go/10C084AACAB23A6FA7-mrs1
Miss Hansen & Mrs. Kiger's Jelly Fish:
Math: I can read and write numbers to 1,000 using base ten numerals, number names, and expanded form
- We reviewed tens and ones this week.
ELA: I know and can use the elements that make a text informational.
- We used what we have learned about text features to work with a partner to research and create our own presentation.
Writing: I can write a narrative.
- This week we learned about revising our writing.
Social Studies: I can explain the rights of citizens.
- This week we concluded our unit on the rights of citizens.
Oct 20 - Great Shake Out
- The 2016 Great Central U.S. ShakeOut Earthquake drill is happening in the central United States on October 20th, at 10:20 a.m. Your child's teacher will address how to be Earthquake prepared and Earthquake aware.
- Want to learn more? Visit the Great ShakeOut website:http://www.shakeout.org/centralus/
Oct 21 - Progress Reports ("Report Cards") available for viewing in TeacherEase
Oct 26 - EARLY RELEASE at 1:15 p.m., Fall Parties and Costume Parade
- Students are dismissed at 1:15-please let us know if your child's dismissal procedure will change on this day be sending a note, email or calling the office (816)892-1600
- We will celebrate and enjoy fall festivities and treats - more information will come soon
- Students MAY wear their costumes to school but should bring clothes to change into after parade!! Be sure costumes are school appropriate and that your child remembers to bring tennis shoes and outerwear to match the weather for recess
Oct 26 & 27 - Parent Teacher Conferences
- Teachers emailed an electronic link to their conference Sign Up Genius
- Please call school if you still need to schedule a conference
Oct 31-Nov 4 - Shull's Red Ribbon Week Celebration
- Shull's 2016's theme is, "I Elect To Be Drug Free!"
- Watch for info about our celebrations during the week