Top Ten TIES Takeaways 2015
The major themes of this year's TIES conference
8. Personalize the learning
Essentially, PL is:
1. Differentiated Instruction
2. Giving students more autonomy (work at own pace, flexible learning space, choices)
3. An engaging tech-rich environment
Want to learn more? Read this article from MethodSchools "Personalized Learning: More than a Buzzword"
5. Be more productive
Also - learn some awesome productivity tips to use with the Chrome browser here: Chromercise! (by Kenneth Griswold)
3. Code or Die
Ok, not really, but programming is the 21st century skill that sets creators apart from consumers.
Choose a language and start learning! Anybody can do it. There are tons of resources online for free. Join the "hour of code" movement. Just one hour will open your eyes to the possibilities.
2. Build your digital footprint
- Start building your digital footprint NOW and teach students to do the same.
- We mustn't "protect" kids from digital life, but show them the proper way to lead a digital life.
- No student is too young to learn how to be a digital citizen.
- There is no division between the "professional" you and the"personal" you. Your actions online, regardless of what account you use, are there for the world to see. Never post or associate yourself with things you wouldn't want parents, students, or colleagues to see.
- Don't wait and don't be scared to try something new.
1. Learning is awesome
For tons more resources from the TIES conference, go to:
The video below was my absolute favorite one of the conference. It reminds me of how joyous learning can be and how we should strive to give our students similar experiences every day. :-D