MC SUNDEVILS CLASS OF 2024
8th Grade Transition Information for 2020-21 School Year
Sundevil Career & Technical Ed (CTE) Course Options
- Arts, Media & Entertainment Pathways: 3D computer Animation, Photography, Journalism & Digital Media/TV Production, Drama/Performing Arts, Technical Theater
- Computer Science Pathway & Electives (PLTW)* and sample 4 year plan
- Engineering Pathway & Electives (PLTW)* and sample 4 year plan
- Health Science & Medical Technology Pathway, Sports Medicine/Athletic Training/ Pre-Med Pathway
- Public Services Pathway: Fire Science/EMT Electives,
- Transportation Pathway: Automotive and sample 4 year plan
Reasons Why It's Great to be a Sundevil
Welcome to Mt Carmel High School and Our Sundevil family!
- Is a student body rich with diverse populations
- Has an open access policy to over 21 (AP) Advanced Placement, and Honors courses.
- Operates on a trimester system which allows students to accelerate through math, science and world language courses.
- Offesr a wide variety of electives including: CTE (Career & Technical Education), Nationally Recognized performing arts Mt. Carmel Marching Band, Jazz Band, Choir, and Drama, as well as Award-Winning visual arts programs.
- Has outstanding Athletic Programs.
- Hosts an Award-Winning ASB and a wide array of clubs and activities.
In addition to the resources outlined here, our Sundevil Way Guide will help you develop a 4 year plan that is meaningful and relevant to you. #itsthesundevilway
Do I Need an Enrollment Appointment?
Current 8th grade students within MCHS Boundaries coming from Black Mountain, Meadowbrook or Mesa Verde Middle Schools have received their Course Selection materials at their current middle school. Those students will do online Registration for continuing students and do not need to make enrollment appointments.
Current 8th grade students within MCHS Boundaries coming from private or other schools will need to make an Enrollment Appointment after May 1, 2020. Call 484-1180 x3108 or x3147 to make an appointment in May for the next school year.
I'd like to attend Mt Carmel but I don't live in the area...
Check powayusd.com for Transfer information. Transfer request period is February 1 through March 31, 2020.
Transfer decisions are made at the PUSD Attendance Office. We have no control, prior knowledge or influence over district decisions.