NA Year-end Performance Management
REMINDER of Key Actions for Coaches & Proteges
Performance Management Q&A Sessions this week with your HC Business Partner team
- Wednesday, January 15th, 11am-12pm EST
- Thursday, January 16th, 1-2pm EST
Please note that you will only need to attend one session. If you are not available for these sessions, please send your questions to your HC Business Partner.
Please review actions listed below that need to be completed in preparation for our upcoming year-end roundtable sessions.
REQUIRED ACTIONS FOR Protégés
2. Supplemental Feedback: Although there is not a formal supplemental feedback function as part of the "Career" tab in CiT, you can still request supplemental feedback in the following ways:
- Set up an Internal Project for longer term non-billable work lasting 4+ weeks (i.e. proposals, business development, and internal initiatives) and designate the supplemental feedback provider as the Project Manager.
- Thank You Badges - the feedback provider can send you a Thank You Badge on CiT and provide details around your involvement and assistance.
- Regular email - the feedback provider can send comments to your Coach via email with a copy to your HC Business Partner.
3. Self-Appraisal: Although there is not a formal self-assessment section as part of the Career tab in CiT, it is mandatory to provide your own assessment about your performance against your objectives by clicking the "Comment" button below each specific objective.
4. Schedule 1:1 Meeting with your Coach prior to the roundtable if your coach has not already done so.
REQUIRED ACTIONS FOR COACHES
2. Review all performance feedback for your Protégé(s) in CiT (project appraisals and crib sheet).
3. Schedule a 1:1 meeting with your Protégé(s) to discuss your evaluation before the roundtable session.
4. Attend roundtable meeting(s) as needed to represent your Protégé(s). Be prepared to come into the roundtable with a solid understanding of your protege's performance over the past year. During the roundtable, HC will provide a slide with key metrics for your protege (billability, last promotion date, etc.) and you'll be asked to provide your recommended rating (competency/contribution) for your protege. You will have five minutes allotted for discussion of each individual so please prepare your comments in advance and keep your presentation concise (2-3 minutes).
5. Communicate any messages to your Protégé following the roundtable. Although you may release your written feedback before the roundtables, no ratings are to be communicated to your Protégé(s) until HC has confirmed.
Year-end Roundtable Dates
The domain roundtables are kicking off on January 23rd. All Coaches will be sent calendar invitations for their respective roundtables. Detailed timings by level will be sent out shortly.
Please familiarize yourself with your Protégé’s project history and performance feedback and summarize your roundtable comments to about 2-3 minutes on the following topics:
- COMPETENCY RATING: Your recommended Competency rating. Please come prepared with examples of your Protégé’s strengths and areas for development focusing on the Global Competency Framework (see link below)
- CONTRIBUTION RATING: Your recommendation for Contribution rating and any mitigating factors related to billability, if applicable
- PROMOTION: Your assessment of whether the individual is ready for promotion, and why
We expect each Protégé discussion to take approximately 5 minutes including presentation and any discussion. Promotion decisions will be made at a separate promotion meeting.
Criteria for ratings
These are the criteria you will use to determine recommended ratings. Please also refer to the competency framework.
Nominees for promotion will be selected if the roundtable participants determine that they have demonstrated sustained performance at the next level. Nominations will be reviewed at the NALT meeting in early March 2014.
If you have any questions, please contact your Human Capital Business Partner:
Banking - Kimberly Sawyer
Canada - Tara Kostadinov
Capital Markets & ATP - Kristen Maloney
Corporate Services - Tana Session
Technology - Jennifer Hung