Erasmus Work Placement-Traineeships
Erasmus Work Placements/Traineeships @ Happy Kids - Ankara
Outgoing Erasmus Students: Work Placements/Traineeship
The Erasmus+ programme enables students to spend a placement period between 3 months and 12 months in an enterprise or organisation in another EU participating country as part of a degree course.
Student 'placement' is an alternative term to the widely used term 'traineeship' or 'internship'.
Name of organization : Happy Kids (OPAL YAYINCILIK ORGANİZASYON VE TİCARET LTD.)
Address: Kocatepe Mahallesi, Inkılap Sokak 24 / 12 06420, Kızılay - ANKARA
Telephone: + 90 312 419 01 41
E-mail : email@example.com
Website : www.happykids.com.tr
Number of employees : 6
Short description of the company
OPAL Ltd. (Happy Kids) is a private company having its main field of activity concentrated on education and training, human resource development and lifelong learning initiatives. Our main aim is to participate in development of a society without barriers. In this respect, we support activities targeting participation for all.
Our trainings and conferences mainly concern socially excluded groups' education and integration to society. We also have a purpose to stimulate young people to develop their knowledge and discover and train their social skills and competencies which will save them from social exclusion. The company has highly qualified team of trainers, teachers and experts.
We are a big Turkish network from schools (preschools, primary schools and secondary schools.) public authorities, local governments, NGOs, Universities and youth initiatives.
We will teach you what we know! You will learn a profession and make a difference in your life.
What are the objectives of student placements?
- To help students to adapt to the requirements of the EU-wide labour market
- To enable students to develop specific skills including language skills and to improve understanding of the economic and social culture of the country concerned in the context of acquiring work experience
- To promote cooperation between higher education institutions and enterprises
- To contribute to the development of a pool of well-qualified, open-minded and internationally experienced young people as future professionals
Department / Function: International EU Project Officer
Description of activities: For our further EU projects in cooperation with EU Project partner organisations and for networking facilities we are looking for new colleague/trainee for position International Project Assistant.
Main duties of the role:
- Tasks associated with the International Relations Office: contact partner institutions (update and prepare new agreements between institutions), processing mobility and strategic partnership grants, Erasmus + application processing at regional, national and international level, attending meetings of the International Committee and updating databases and the facebook site of the International Office, responding to student / teachers enquiries by email and letter…
- Project designing
- Conducting desk research (gathering and analysing information, available in print and published on the internet)
Location : Ankara
Duration : Minimum 3 months - 12 months
Working hours per week : 8h per day; 40 h per week
Start date : To be decided. The placement is not possible between 15 July and 15 September.
Accommodation: Not provided
Help with finding Accommodation : Yes
Financial Contribution: No
Time management, communication skills (both written and spoken), pro-activity, accuracy, sense of responsibility and efficiency.
Who can benefit?
- Full-time registered University students who are carrying out a full-time placement that will be recognised as a part of the student’s programme
For how long can students go abroad?
- Students can do a placement between 3 and 12 months.
The period of mobility abroad may be interrupted by the enterprise holidays if the enterprise is closed during this period. The grant is maintained during this period. The closure period does not count towards the minimum duration of a placement period.
COMPETENCES, SKILLS and EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
Languages and level of competence required : English: Advanced level of English
Computer skills and level of skills required : User knowledge of MS Office
Drivers license : Not needed
· High level of communication skills
· Previous work experience is customer service or sales is an advantage
· Interest in IT
· Ability to learn and willingness to work on self-development
- Good understanding of the dynamic forces at play between the public and private sectors in your field;
- Familiarity with the current debates surrounding international development;
- Ability to write clearly and concisely, to structure arguments in a logical fashion and to balance technical rigor with simple explanations;
- Strong organizational and time management ability and a conscientious approach to deadlines;
- Good interpersonal skills with the ability to work in multicultural teams;
- Understanding of and ability to apply the EC’s logical framework, Project Cycle Management and Results Oriented Monitoring approaches in the review and response to Terms of Reference;
- Experience designing technical assistance projects for the EC would be an advantage
This is an unpaid position. ONLY candidates eligible for scholarships (Erasmus, etc...) will be considered.
Where can placements take place?
- Host organisations for student placements may be enterprises, training centres, research centres and other organisations.
- An eligible organisation is one that is involved in economic activities in the public or private sector. It can be any size, and can operate in any economic sector, including the social economy.
Who to apply to (including contact details)
General Manager: Ali ULUSOY,
Deadline for applications: No deadline, as we consider interns on an on-going basis.
Interested students should send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
Europass CV in English.
· Cover letter in English stating clearly the desired
· Date of start and length of the placement.
· Proof of language ability (scans of diplomas, certificates, language courses or similar…).
Skype : ali_ulusoy
Facebook : https://www.facebook.com/mahalleninalisi
Recognition at the end of the period abroad
- Students will receive full recognition from University for the period spent abroad as agreed in the Learning Agreement. Recognition shall be based on the training agreement approved by all parties before the period of mobility starts.
- Credit for, or recognition of placement undertaken by the student at the host enterprise may be withheld only if the student fails to achieve the level of academic/professional attainment required by the host enterprise or otherwise fails to satisfy the agreed conditions required by the participating institutions for recognition.