Job Title: Humanitarian/Actor Age: 40
Family Life and Background
Angelina Jolie was born on June 4, 1975, in Los Angeles, California. Her father was an actor and her mother was a model. When she was two, her parents split up. Her mother took Angelina and her brother and they moved to Palisades, New York. Money was tight when Angelina was growing up, but her mother tried to make her children happy. When she was young, she was teased for being too skinny and having braces. This lowered her self-esteem tremendously. Angelina dropped out of school at age 14 and never received a high-school education.
How did Angelina Jolie become a leader?
Angelina became a leader by using her fame and fortune for a good cause. She has had many contributions to the world. Some of the contributions include campaigns to help in the developing world, visiting several remote areas( Western Sahara, Pakistan, Tanzania, and Sierra Leone), helping refugees from Chechnya and Thailand, donating $5 million to an environmental wildlife sanctuary in Cambodia.
What events occurred that may have influenced the leader's actions and decisions?
- When Angelina was growing up she didn't have the best upbringing so that may be why she loves to help others, especially children.
- Another event that may have influenced her decisions was when she went to Cambodia to film a movie in 2000, and fell in love with the country and the children living there. From that day she became determined to help the people of the country through their suffering.
Angelina cares about the well-being of others.
She loves to help children and other people who are not as privileged as she is.
Angelina loves to nurture children.
"Every day we choose who we are by how we define ourselves" - Angelina Jolie
- Star Trek fan
- Collected snakes and lizards as a child
- At the age of 15 she became gothic
- Angelina was engaged to Brad Pitt after seven years together
- She has a total of 6 kids