PRE-K 4 NEWS!
JUAN DIEGO ACADEMY
Our Last Week of the Year 2015 at HRRS!
December 14, 2015
We want to thank Mrs. T. for her work and for making all the arrangements for Santa’s visit to our PK class. We are all making a card for Santa and for Mrs. T. to thank them for providing the children with Christmas stockings.
This is the last week of school of 2015. Therefore, we have a busy week ahead us working on different arts and crafts projects for our student's families. The children are making different Christmas ornaments that you can hang on your family tree at home. Mrs. Farias still has her own children's ornaments that they made when she was their Kindergarten teacher many many years ago! They are the most special ornaments.
We will be practicing for our traditional Christmas Pageant program. The children have been working hard learning the song.
Our dress rehearsal will be at 1:30 pm on Thursday Dec. 17th . Children will need to bring their Christmas clothes in a labeled bag. We will help them to dress. Make sure the outfit is easy to put on and take off. They will probably go home in their Christmas clothing and in the evening they need to be back at school in that same outfit by 6:00. Please bring your child to our classroom.
On the last day of school (December 18th):
• Children can wear Christmas colors to school, no uniform.
• The dismissal will be at regular time 2:45 pm. Extended Care available until 6pm.
• Children can bring their own lunch boxes for our posada luncheon Christmas party.
• Families grades PK3, 4, Kg, and 1st. grade are being asked to send a potluck dish for them to share. Please make sure all food is in no later than 11:00 a.m. Your child may bring a lunch box if you prefer. But the luncheon buffet will be served for the 4 grades. This will occur at our regular lunch time. Afterwards, the children will be treated to a piñata party in the lunchroom.
Happy Birthday! Sebastian Cruz-R.
We will finish our theme about winter season. Also we are going to introduce information about more Community Helpers and mention those who work during the Holidays. Some helpers will be the mailman that delivers packages for Christmas, pilots that take families to visit other family members for Christmas, and bakers who bake Christmas goodies for us to buy.
Religion: This week the children will learn about Jesus’ birthday, the Holy Family and talk about Christmas traditions.
Estrellita: The letter "Ii " is our focus this week. We will learn a new story for the letter Ii and a new rhyming chant. We will also practice writing the letter Ii. The children will work on new vocabulary that begins with the sound of the letter Ii. They will then transfer their picture vocabulary to their journals.
• Thursday Dec. 17th Christmas program at 6:30 pm in the Auditorium.
• Christmas break from Dec. 18th – January 4th.
NO Show n' Tell this week! No Homework this week!
Wishing you love , peace and happiness at this special time of the year.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!
Sra. Raquel L., Sra. Farías and Sra. Laura P.