Lets put a stop to DUI!
its not worth a life!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Who in they right mind would wont to get in the car and drive intoxicated.
Getting drunk is not more important then somebody losing they life. National Highway Traffic Safety Administration says that 40 percent of total traffic deaths are due to drunk drivers. In 2006, an estimated 17,941 people died due to alcohol-related vehicle accidents. Of the 17,941 traffic deaths among children ages 0 to 14 years of age.
THE F A C T S!
- Alcohol related crashes are the leading cause of death for young Americans, between the ages of 16 and 24 years old;
- For all Americans between 5 and 35 years of age, motor vehicle accidents are the number one cause of death. Over 50% of these accidents are caused by alcohol impaired drivers;
- One American life is lost every 20 minutes in alcohol related auto crashes;
- It is estimated that three out of every ten Americans will be involved in an alcohol related accident in his or her lifetime;
- Males (31%) were more than twice as likely as females (13%) to report driving after drinking. They also consume more alcohol before driving;
- Over 394,000 people have died in alcohol related accidents in the past 20 years;
- Presently over 17,000 people are killed each year in alcohol related accidents;
- 300+ people are killed each week in alcohol related accidents;
- 45+ people are killed each day in alcohol related accidents.
Lang was in the car with a drunk driver but he servived
"[The driver] was running red lights, swerving back and forth down the street, he was speeding," Lang said. "We were screaming at him at the top of the lungs, grabbing his shoulder, telling him to stop. I remember him laughing."
Rashard a drunk driver
Rashad Charjuan Owens allegedly tore through the crowd while drunk, running over people and hitting other cars. At least 23 others were injured
police say their vehicle was traveling 94-miles per hour where the posted limit was 40.