Things to Focus on:
- A solid definition (one your group writes in your own words)
- What did miscegenation look like in Mississippi in the early 1900s?
- Do miscegenation laws match what was considered socially acceptable? Why or why not?
Don't forget to connect the topic to A Rose for Emily. Identify parts of the story which display miscegenation.
Include pieces of direct text evidence in your presentation (this means quotations--with page numbers--either written out or spoken)
How to Present
Some suggestions include:
- A single PowerPoint/Google Slides slide as a poster
- A whole PowerPoint/Google Slides presentation
- A PicCollage (http://pic-collage.com/)
- Elaborate interpretive dance number (with informative narrative, of course)
- Any other idea you come up with, provided you clear it with Miss Jensen or Ms. Sloan