Brock Elementary Update
October 17th- October 21
A Note From Mrs.Griffith
Monday we will take our 4th graders to the STEAM (Science, Tech, Engineering, Art, and Math) Carnival at ESC11on Monday afternoon. They will get to experience interactive exhibits from the Perot Museum, Fort Worth Science Museum, Amon Carter, NASA, and many more. There will also be hundreds of student created projects (some of them will be Brock student projects) on display for everyone to enjoy. Our students will take this trip to the next level by taking the ideas they see and planing a similar experience for all of our students on our campus in late January. Be on the look out for more information on how you can help!
This Monday the office staff will serve pizza at Brock Elementary Cici's night! Come see us and make sure to let them know you are from Brock!
Finally, this Friday we will all head over to the High School for "The Ranch" Pink Out Pep Rally. We will all deck out in pink in honor of Breast Cancer Awareness. We will fill the gym with pride and spirit for our school! This is also the day of the Dodgeball tournament! It will begin at 4:00 at the High School Gym. Come out for a great time and support the 8th graders as they raise money for their Washington DC trip in May.
2016 School Safety Week
Monday from 5:00-7:00- Cici's Night with the Office Staff!
Friday is the Pink Out Pep Rally at the High School!
Oct. 17th- CiCi's Night- The Office Staff Will Serve You!
Oct. 17-21 School Safety Week/Practice Procedures
Oct. 21st: Pep Rally/ The RANCH
Oct. 24th-28th Red Ribbon Week
Oct. 29th- Fall Festival
Nov. 11th: Veteran’s Day Breakfast/Program (Teachers Serve)
Nov. 17th: Thanksgiving Music Program
Nov. 18th: Bring a Parent to School Day (More info to come!)
Nov. 21st -25th Thanksgiving Holiday
Next Week is Red Ribbon Week Dress Up Days! Oct. 24th-Oct. 28th
Monday: Too bright to do Drugs
Tuesday: “Hairs” to a Drug Free Life
Wednesday: Long Life ahead being Drug Free
(Dress like an elderly person)
Thursday: Hugs, Not Drugs
(Bring a stuffed animal)
Friday: Dream of a drug Free World
Reminders and Info
- Reminder about having your car tag for student pick up. If you do not have a tag, you will need to park and go into the office to pick up student with proper ID.
- We are asking that all visitors are out of the building by 7:50. We will make announcement at 7:45 to remind everyone of the time. We are asking parents not to walk their students past the double doors after the tardy bell. If you are staying to volunteer, we ask that you check in at the office. We are doing this to ensure teachers can start classes promptly and get the school day started.
- We are regularly talking with our students about expectations during the pledge. We ask for your help in this matter. If you are a visitor in the building, when the pledges begin, please stop and join us. This will help to model respect for our country to our students.
- The school doors will open daily at 7:15.
- If you need to pick your child up early from school, please get them by 2:45. This will ensure you do not get stuck in the parking lot.
- If you need to buckle your child in the pick-up line, please pull into one of the designated parking spots so we can keep the line moving.