Important Information of Lagerfeld:
- 1961, striking out on his own fashion house
- Lagerfeld became known in the fashion industry for his innovative, in-the-moment styles.
- Lagerfeld began to freelance for French fashion house Chloé in 1964.
- In 1970, he began a brief design collaboration with Roman haute-couture house Curie.
- At Chanel in the early 1980s he brought a near-dead brand back to life with a revamped popular ready-to-wear lineup
- Lagerfeld launched his own label in 1984, which he built around the idea of what he described as "intellectual sexiness." Over the years, the brand developed a reputation for quality tailoring with bold ready-to-wear pieces like cardigan jackets in bright colors.
- In 2005 Lagerfeld sold the label to Tommy Hilfiger.
- Lagerfeld recently signed a deal to form a joint venture avec G-III Apparel Group Ltd, a New York-based firm known for making licensed apparel for brands such as Calvin Klein, and owning outerwear and sportswear brands.
- Lagerfeld and G-III will have an “affordable luxury” category by kicking off their partnership with a Karl Lagerfeld Paris collection for spring 2016
Designs of Karl Lagerfeld
Part of one of Lagerfeld's clothing lines.
Chanel | Haute Couture Spring Summer 2015 Full Show | Exclusive
Chanel | Haute Couture Spring Summer 2015
Begin video at 1:28 and stop around 5:00