By: Principal Mike Dufrene
Last week, progress reports were issued to in person learners and mailed home to virtual learners. Parents/Guardians, please take the time to review your child's progress report and have a meaningful conversation with them if grades are not where they need to be. Students, if you are doing well...congrats. If you are struggling, what are you going to do about it? It's time to step it up and finish strong before the end of the first nine weeks comes to an end. Best thing you can do is to communicate with your teachers and put forth the necessary effort it takes to pass and be successful. It's not too late to turn things around if you are willing to try.
The last make-up day for school photos will be Tuesday, October 20th in the auditorium. This is for both Brick & Mortar and Virtual students. Faculty and staff, please stop by during your planning block to take your picture if you missed the first session.
Seniors will be from 9:00 - 11:00
Freshman - Juniors will be from 11:15 - 1:15
- Congrats to the Girls & Boys Cross Country Teams for their performance in the PVC XC Championship Meet...Girls = 1st place and Boys = 2nd place!
- Thank you to Ms. Fuller, Mr. Nichols, Ms. Anderson, and Mr. Jones for a great job administering the SAT testing to over 70 seniors!
- A special thank you to Mrs. Moreland and her CTE-Ag students for the fall decorations around campus!
This Week @HHS....
- Tuesday> Picture Make-up Day in the auditorium. This is for both Brick & Mortar and Virtual students. Faculty and staff, please stop by during your planning block to take your picture if you missed the first session...Seniors will be from 9:00 - 11:00 and Freshman - Juniors will be from 11:15 - 1:15; Varsity Girls & Boys Soccer in Sectionals Semi-Finals...Boys @ Washington 5:00 pm and Girls @ Jefferson 6:00 pm.
- Wednesday> JV & Varsity Volleyball vs Jefferson postponed.
- Thursday> Trojan Pride Day (wear Green & White) Girls & Boys Cross Country Regional Championship Meet @ Jefferson 2:00 pm; JV & Varsity Volleyball @ Berkeley Springs 6:00 & 7:15 pm.
- Friday> Blended Learning Day; Varsity Football @ East Fairmont 7:00 pm.
- Saturday> JV & Varsity Volleyball @ Hedgesville cancelled.
* Girl's basketball try-outs will be held November 9, 10, & 11 from 4:00-7:00 pm in the gym (times are subject to change). You must have a valid physical either uploaded on Family ID or a hard copy with you or you will not be permitted to try-out. You must also be present at all three days of try-outs. All necessary forms are located on the Hampshire County website. Please contact Coach Buckley at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions/concerns.
Virtual College Fair registration:
Students please accept the Counselor's Corner invitation in Schoology, you received an invitation last week from the counselors...many items are posted related to the Counseling Center.
Healthy Expectations from Nurse Dante:
Updates from the Nurse:
School based health services began this week at both Romney Middle and Hampshire High School. Behavioral Health/ Counseling will be offered very soon.
The purpose of school-based health clinics is to provide medical care to both students and staff as needed during the school day. The clinics function as a primary care or walk-in clinic. These clinics do not take the place of your Primary Care Doctor or Nurse Practitioner. Clinics can offer some routine lab testing. Additional labs, EKG or X-Rays can be ordered, and then done at the patient's or parent's desired outpatient lab. The clinic will offer sports physicals, yearly well child visits and immunizations.
A parent or guardian is contacted before a child is seen and a follow-up call is made after the child is seen and evaluated. If a prescription is needed, it will be sent to the pharmacy designate by the parent. If the child is considered contagious or too ill to return to class, the parent will be notified and asked to pick the child from school.
If you would like any additional information, feel free to contact EA Hawse Health Center's main office at 304 897-5915. If you would like a permission form or to set up an appointment for your child to be seen, please contact the School Nurse.
Reminder: Students are encouraged to wear masks during bus rides to and from school, during transitions and any time when unable to social distance. We are excited to be entering Week 7 and doing well.
Thank you, Staff, Students and Parents!
Tech Tips from Mr. Feazell:
Tech Tip "The Parent Edition":
This week's Tech Tip is very simple yet can make a huge difference. Sign up for a parent account in Schoology. This week every student was given a parent log in information with their progress report, use those to set up your parent account and be able to communicate with your child's teacher.
With everything going on in today's world communication is key to helping your student be successful. By getting your own account to Schoology you will be able to see things just for parents, communicate directly with your child's teachers and even sign up for notifications. It will help both the in person and virtual student's parents stay a little more connected.
If your child is in person, it was stapled to their progress report, if your child is virtual it will be mailed to you with the progress report which should start to arrive on Monday. In the event you need additional assistance, please reach out to the school and we will help you.