September 8, 2020
The Latest and Greatest
I hope your Labor Day weekend was wonderful. I am grateful for the rain to help put out the fires in our area. Prayers and good thoughts for those fighting the fires and those affected by them. Springville is a wonderful community that comes together and helps one another.
Teachers are working hard each day to prepare for any at home learning that may be required. If a class or individual students ever need to stay home, you will be notified. If you do not get a notification from me or the school nurse your child does not need to quarantine. We follow the guidelines and instructions from the Utah County Health Department. Please call if you ever have any questions.
How can I help my child stay well and enjoy each day at school?
- Be positive! Focus on the good. Be encouraging. Don't share frustrations with your child. They hold on to that and mimic what they see and hear at home.
- Make sure children eat healthy, good food each day. Food makes all the difference in how our bodies work and fight off illnesses.
- Send a clean water bottle with them to school. Hydration is so very important!
- Do not send your child to school if they are ill. Ensure they do not have a fever or other symptoms related to COVID. (One of the reasons we are getting out at 2:15 each day is so that teachers can work with students who are absent for one reason or another. It's ok to keep kids home when they don't feel well or need to be quarantined for any reason.)
- Communicate needs with your child's teacher. We want the best for them. We need you to help us.
- Be positive!
9/9: PTA Meeting 9:30 - all invited
9/11: Emergency Drill
9/15 Picture Day
9/17: School Community Council 3:00
9/21: School Dismissed at noon - teacher training all PM
10/15 & 16: No School - Fall Break
10/19: Red/Green Ribbon Week
10/29: End of Term 1, Parent Conferences via zoom
10/30: No School
Our first general PTA meeting will be held tomorrow, September 9 at 9:30 am in the school cafeteria. All are invited to attend.
We are still in need of a few volunteers to help with Red Ribbon Week. If you can help, please sign up with the link below.
Red Ribbon Week:
T-shirts will be on sale through September 18th on the website! Get your t-shirt for Stand Strong and school spirit days. Hoodies are also available for the chilly weather.