JPS Week Ahead for Parents
Week of February 4 - 8, 2019
Global Play Day - Tuesday!
- no devices, no electronics, no screens
- no toys that require batteries
- Lego is awesome
- dolls, action figures (no weapons please) are great
- building blocks, yes please!
- board games - absolutely
- blankets (for tents!) are just plain fun!
- Make sure they come in a bag that is labeled with your child's name
Tuesday, February 5 - Day 1
Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
Girls' basketball - @ home (Storrington)
Global Play Day
Wednesday, February 6 - Day 2
- Gr. 6- 8 music
Thursday, February 7 - Day 3
Friday, February 8 - Day 4
- Gr. 6 - 8 music
- Gr. 6 Swim to Survive
- hot lunch: lasagna
- MADD presentation for Grades 7 & 8
February 12 - Hot Lunch: pepperoni pizza
February 12 - Girls' basketball - home game (vs Molly Brant)
February 13 - Gr. 7 - 8 students to LaSalle for keynote speaker
February 13 - Boys' basketball - home game
February 14 - Red, White, Pink Day! Valentine's Day
February 15 - Hot Lunch: spaghetti
February 18 - Holiday (Family Day)
February 19 - Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
February 19 - Girls' basketball - home game (vs Odessa)
Feburary 19 - Ski Forms due by 9:05 am at the latest! (grades 6-8)
February 20 - Term 1 Reports home
February 20 - Boys' basketball home game
February 22 - Hot Lunch: jumbo meatballs
February 26 - Hot Lunch: pepperoni pizza
February 28 - Ski Trip (Grades 6-8)
March 1 - Hot Lunch: lasagna
March 5 - Hot Lunch: cheese pizza
March 8 - Hot Lunch: honey garlic chicken
March 1-8 - Carboard Challenge Week!
March 11-15 - March Break
A Few Reminders...
- please ensure our bus drop off lane stays clear in the mornings and at the end of the school day - parents/guardians can park in the lot or on the road
- please make sure end-of-day arrangements are made with your child's teacher (via a note or the agenda) and that your child knows how he/she is going home. We are finding that we are losing instructional time the last half hour of the day with having to disrupt classes to pull students out or call in with pick up information. Students are learning right up to 3:35 and if parents/guardians can wait to pick up until then, we'd appreciate it.
- if you are picking up your child(ren) at the end of the day, please ensure that they are picked up at 3:35. We don't have supervision after school.