Charlie Hudoba and Jacob Mandinec
Hour 1 Solar Energy
Where Does Solar Energy Come From?1.Solar energy comes from the sun but in the United States, where it effects the most is in the south-west area.
How is Solar Energy Formed?
2. Solar energy is formed from the electromagnetic waves of the sun.
How is Solar Energy Used?
3. The sun has produced energy for billions of years. The energy in the sun's rays that reached the earth (solar radiation) can be converted into heat and electricity.
What are Cool Facts and Statistics About Solar Energy?
4. In the 1830's, the British astronomer, John Hershel, famously used a solar thermal collector box ( a devise that absorbs sunlight to collect heat) to cook food during an expedition to Africa. A solar dish's temperature is over 1,380 F!
What is an Innovative Alternative Form Discovered for Solar Energy?
5. As technology advanced, and the PV systems got deeper, the PV's use started to expand in the mid 1990's. Now there are hundreds of thousands of grid-connected PV systems installed in the United States. And there is the solar tower, it reflects lights of itself to other things such as other solar panels or maybe even water to produce energy, heat up water, and more!
2. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lZ2qkbR2DS8 or Power to be Free. NRG Home Solar.