Mrs. Lamparter's Class
November 8, 2013
Thank you to all that supported our iPad initiative on donorschoose. OUR PROJECT IS FULLY FUNDED! The kids, Mrs. Hanagriff, and I are SO excited to have a 2nd iPad to enhance learning in our classroom. Now we have 2 iPads and a Kindle for students to use on a daily basis...we are blessed and can't wait to explore more ways to use this engaging, interactive, learning tool!
- New W.O.W. words this week: like, said, did, out, her
- Recognizing upper and lowercase letters, learning letter sounds, and recognizing color words
- Working on recognizing rhyming words
- Counting, blending, and segmenting syllables
- Features of Non-fiction text
- Writing a "small moments" story and creating our own books
- Working in guided reading groups- please have your child read the book to you and return it the next day
- Working independently in Daily Five centers to become better readers, writers, and spellers
- Counting by tens and ones to 100
- Writing numbers and counting sets to 10
- 1-1 correspondence
- Measuring and comparing with different manipulatives
- Comparing sets- more, less, same
- Sorting by different attributes
- Using graphs or glyphs (picture graph) to compare data
- Using "number talks" to explain our math thinking
- All Art fund-raising packets need to be returned by Wednesday, November 13th. Students have an option whether or not to participate, but ALL PACKETS NEED TO BE RETUNED. Mrs. Hiers appreciates your support.
- Thursday, November 14th is picture make-up day.
- Our Thanksgiving skit and feast is Friday, November 22nd. Thank you in advance for your food donations. We have enough cylinder containers to make our drums- you are the best!
- Send in a LONG-SLEEVED WHITE T-SHIRT OR SWEATSHIRT to use for our reindeer shirts.
- Mark your calendars for our Kindergarten Holiday Program on Thursday, December 19th at 9:00 a.m.