October 2, 2017
- Congratulations to Sarah Zimmerman on being named a Nation DIversity Story of the Year finalist by NSPA.
- Congratulations to biomed students on outstanding IRB presentations.
The FHN Sanctuary Room has been a game changer for some of our students struggling with trauma in their lives. Thanks to Kristen Jobgen and Ryan Arnone for their work in 132. Take a few minutes to check them out on Facebook to see what they’re up to in there. https://www.facebook.com/FHNSantuary/
PLC Leader Meeting: Wednesday October 4th in the Learning Commons – we will be discussing our book chapters 4-6
AP Teacher Meeting: Thursday October 5th in the Learning Commons
Reminder that Student Data Monitoring forms are due by the end of 1st quarter.
FHN currently has 85.8% of students attending 90% of the time. Over the past week, multiple home visits and homebound meetings were conducted as we work through the list of our struggling students. Thank you for the work you do in the classroom to remind students the important of positive attendance behaviors.
Climate Committee Meeting:
- Gathered feedback on communication over the past few weeks
- Gave input on structure of plan time faculty meetings held on Thursday
- Begin considering the revision of Staff Climate Survey Questions to be discussed at the next meeting on 10/24.
The Behavior Leadership Team (BLT) met last week on September 26th.
- Review Behavior Data
- Discuss Restorative Discipline Strategies
- Lunch and Learns coming on behavior (2)
Plan an upcoming Lunch and Learn related to Behavior
Next Meeting 10/24 in Room 5/8 at 2:30 pm
The Technology Committee met last week on September 27th.
• Student Feedback
• Updates from ITS
• Lunch/Learn Opportunities
Discuss L/L Survey Results
Plan upcoming Lunch and Learn
We will have an upcoming Lunch and Learn on the features of SMART Board 17. April Burton will be presenting in Room 222 on 10/10 during all lunches. To sign up, please complete the sing up form by clicking on the link below.
2016-2017 Staff Commitments to the Learning Environment
In order to improve the climate/environment at FHN, the staff commits to:
1. building positive relationships with students and staff members.
2. helping students to see the relationship between effort and success.
3. addressing any inappropriate behavior immediately to help set an expectation of appropriate hallway and classroom behavior.
4. giving clear and consistent expectations for device use and by enforcing them.
5. counting tardies consistently.