QD Learning Seminar
Unpack Common Core State Standards for Math
- Dr. Wu, Professor at National University
- Dr. An, Professor & Director at Cal State Long Beach Teacher Education Department
- Mrs. Villaverde, Teacher at Santa Ana Unified
Dr. Wu and Dr. An are both our academic consultants. Mrs. Villaverde will be the instructor for our common core courses for Grade 3-5.
Common Core Seminar - Professor Wu by QD Learning
Common Core Seminar - Mrs. Villaverde And QA by QD Learning
- 2014-2015 was the first year participating states including California done the new CCSS assessment.
- 3 major shifts in Math: focus, coherence and rigor.
- 2 sets of standards in Math: content and practices.
- CCSS ELA focuses equally on informational text as well as literature.
Mrs. Villaverde then shared her view on common core and her experience being a 5th grade teacher. She pointed out
- Under common core, one of the keys is knowing that it is not enough to remember the formulas; students need to understand why.
She also walked through the structure of our upcoming courses. Please see details below.
During Q & A, Mrs. Villaverde, Dr. Wu and Dr. An covered
- Some basics of CAASPP - how the tests are graded
- The structure of CAASPP - computer adaptive test & performance test
- The required skills (typing being the fundamental skill) student should have in order to be successful in taking CAASPP
- and more
Our Upcoming Courses
Unpack Common Core State Standards for Math and Achieve Success in CAASPP - Grade 4
Unpack Common Core State Standards for Math and Achieve Success in CAASPP - Grade 5
All courses will begin around March and run for 5 weeks. The courses will complete before the SBAC/CAASPP tests start. Each course fee will be $350.
The exact day/time have not been determined. Please take an interest survey below by 2/13 and let us know. We will send you the announcement once they have been arranged.