Too Busy Being Fabulous
September 19, 2016
Thanks so much! Michele, Janie and I will start making announcements and assignments through this soon. When we post, it will send you an email to check the classroom, and I think will provide the link. Let me know if you have any trouble with it:)
- Backwards Planning-We have made some shifts and will continue to try to refine our backwards planning time together to be more effective and efficient. What are the questions that you still have with Backwards/Collaborative planning? Please post them here. https://padlet.com/stansells/Backwardsplanning
- Creating CFAs and being clear on the administration and criteria are critical in the differentiation of curriculum for all students. This can be done during Backwards Planning and Growth time. We are striving to use our CFA data to drive our instruction. You guys are taking those steps! Thank you so much!
New Writing Partnership Menus in Eduphoria!
First Grade Writing Workshop Partnership menus with question stems have been added to Eduphoria. You can locate the new menus in Eduphoria- ELA Resources-Small Group/Conferring Resources-Conferring Resources-Writing Partnership Menus.
What Can I Work On as a Reader? A Self Reflection Tool for Finding Goals
Check out this new resource from Jennifer Serravallo designed to be used with students as teacher work to find and establish goals for students. Teachers can involve students in the goal-setting process by offering them the opportunity to identify with statements that align to different goals from the “Hierarchy of Possible Goals” on page 3 of The Reading Strategies Book (Serravallo 2015). (All Reading Teachers should have a copy of this book. Please let me know if you need one:)
BOY data is due into Aware by the end of the day on Friday, Sept. 30. If you have questions, please see me.
Please make sure that you have scanned all CBA tests for all students. That data is important to the student data page in Eduphoria! Thanks!
Teachers and administrators can now learn more about the TExas Achievement Items Repository (tTxAIR) system with the TxAIR video tutorials, now available on the TExas Gateway. The Tx AIR system allows teachers to sign-up to access the TEKS-aligned assessments for math and science (grades 3-8). Math/Science teachers can set up an account (it's free) and start accessing some tutoring materials and assessment bank items.
Students and Teachers have been imported to Think Through Math.
New teachers to TTM will be getting an email to complete setting up their account. Returning teachers will not be receiving an email, if you have forgotten your password, click on forgot password link. https://lms.thinkthroughmath.com/users/password/new
The student’s username is their studentIDfisd (ex. 221842fisd) and their password is their 8-digit birthdate.
- STEMscopes:To assist with getting kids on STEMscopes at home a parent letter has been created that your teachers can use as a template: Parent Letter Template
- Please remind teachers that students need to be assigned activities in STEMscopes in order to have access to information at home. If teachers need help setting up their classrooms in STEMscopes Laura Lee and Jamie would be happy to meet with grade level teams.
- Informative collaboratives for 4th and 5th grades are held from 3:30-5:00 throughout the school year. Dates can be found on eduphoria workshop and are always at the Maple Street Annex in room 220.
Sept. 19-23-College Week
Sept. 20-Faculty Meeting
Sept. 20-4th Science Collaborative, 3:30-5 (sign up in Eduphoria)
Sept. 23-PTA Movie Night
Sept. 27-Curriculum Night, 6:00
Sept. 28-Faculty Meeting, The Energy Bus
Sept. 30-BOY data due into Aware
Now-Oct. 14-MSTAR/ESTAR Window
Oct. 3-Parent Conferences begin
Oct 3-Boosterthon Pep Rally
Oct. 5-Sherri at IC meeting
Oct 5-Fall Pictures
Oct 5-Faculty Meeting