a.k.a. Works Cited, References, Bibliography, Citations
Pair discussion # 1: Why are teachers bringing you here for this workshop?
Pair discussion #2: Who do you want to be?
- format a page (i.e., margin, header, spacing, font)
- create an embedded citation (i.e., what information needs to be included)
- consult an example essay (see how to title the last page of your essay)
- BibMe vs EasyBib -Which one is better? How do they work?
- Is there an app for creating bibliographies?
- Go to Citation Maker. Match the source you would use for each of the following items:
- an multi-volume encyclopedia
- a short story
- a print newspaper article
- an article on a website
- a YouTube video
STOP HERE! (Wait for next instructions.)
Bonus: Challenge #5
What is "common knowledge"?
For further reading... ; )
A, Nisha. Stealing on Flickr Continues. 2007. Flickr. Web. 28 Mar. 2013. <http://www.flickr.com/photos/samiksha/445070705/in/photostream>.
Interior Of Toronto Reference Library. Photo. Encyclopædia Britannica Image Quest. Web. 28 Mar 2013. http://quest.eb.com/images/167_3990073
Mario image from Haiku Deck. App. 16 Sept 2013.
Wooden graduate image from Haiku Deck. App. 28 Mar. 2013.
FMSS Library. Referencing. PowerPoint. 2012.