Boone Meadow Community Update
E-Day #3 - March 18, 2020
E-Day #3 Message
- EDay #2 is in the books, and teachers report that students are doing well with work completion. E-Day #3 is created by our counselors from throughout the district. Content will look a little different compared to the last two days, but it is important content for your little people.
- I'm looking for some WILD SOCKS! Families can share photos of their favorite fun socks on this Padlet I've created entitled "Wild Socks Wednesday". I've already posted my own photo, so check it out. You might just find some pictures of another BME staff member hidden on my socks. Kinda like a "Where's Waldo". Click here to view/post their fun socks! https://padlet.com/thundley1/kxquoz0dag5q (more info below)
Mrs. Kersey has our morning message today! Click below to hear what she has to say.
I'm thankful to be on your team, pulling the rope with our best effort, together.
Morning Message from Mrs. Kersey
Wild Socks Wednesday
- Have the kids dig through sock drawers and find the most outlandishly fun socks they can. (Kid-friendly, of course.)
- Put on the socks and snap a photo on your phone.
- Go to the Padlet link below and upload a photo. It's optional to include student/family name (or title) and a description.
- Post and view!
Click here to view/post their fun socks! https://padlet.com/thundley1/kxquoz0dag5q
Brains On! An excellent science podcast for kids
The podcasts has many other episodes as well that you may want to put in your collection for future listens.
Thanks to Kara Benson for sharing.
Please see the attached resource for guidance on how to navigate conversations about the Coronavirus with children:
Kristi Sloan, firstname.lastname@example.org
March 16 - March 26th - E-Learning Days (All others ZCS activities canceled. All school campuses closed.)
March 27-April 3 - Spring Break; All ZCS campuses closed.
April 6 - Tentative date for return to school.
4th grade to IMS/STEM trip 9:00-2:00, CogAT testing window???
March 9 - ZWest music teachers to visit BME for 4th grade - 8:15-10:15
April 13 - PTO Meeting @ 7:00 (Cafe)
April 14 - Hussey Mayfield Library Presentations
April 17 - 1st grade field trip to Rhythm Discovery Center
April 20 - ILearn Testing Window begins (4/20-5/15)
April 27 - 3rd grade music program (6:30-7:30)
April 29 - 4th grade music program (6:30-7:30)
May 1 - ILearn continues through May 15
May 5 - BME Voices Concert at ZWest (7:00)
May 6 - PTO Meeting @ 7:00 (Cafe)
May 8 - 3rd grade Zionsville History Tour
May 11 - 4th grade to Indiana State House (9:00-2:00)
May 21 - 4th grade Celebration
May 22 - Last Day of School