"All About" ....Books
by Lauren Heim
What is an "All About" Book?
- They choose 1 topic
- Students add illustrations to help present what their book is about
- Students then read their books to their teachers before presenting
- Once they are complete, they sit in the "Authors Chair" and read it to the class!
Why is this important?
Students can research different topics and choose their favorite hobby or activity.
It helps students focus on writing and specific content areas.
1) Choose a topic for the book
2) Gather and organize ideas for writing - have your students brainstorm different topics
3) Write the book
4) Read the book with your teacher - check for any grammar mistakes/conventions
5) Share the completed book with the class- Authors Chair!
All about Monkeys!
This student chose monkeys- notice the illustrations on the cover.
Many different subjects
Students can get creative by using construction paper, markers, string, anything that gets them creative.
Teachers can also cut time by printing out blank documents for students to color in