Walden PTO Weekly April 30, 2021
IN THIS ISSUE
- DOMINO'S PIZZA FUNDRAISER
- URGENT - PARKING LOT PROTOCOL/SAFETY
- KIDDOS LUNCH CREDITS
- MAGIC NIGHT - THANK YOU!
- TEACHER APPRECIATION
DOMINO'S "SLICE THE PRICE" FUNDRAISER DEADLINE IS MAY 3RD
Earn free pizzas! Win Prizes! Support Walden! May 3rd is the last chance to get a hold of this deal!
SLICE THE PRICE CARD
- Every time you purchase a large pizza at Domino’s, you will receive a large pizza FREE!
- The cost of the card is just $10, which is less than the price of a large pizza, so if you use the card just one time, it more than pays for itself!
- Use the card as many times as you would like until the card expires.
- Use the card for multiple purchases. For example: buy 10 pizzas and get 10 more pizzas FREE!
- Win Prizes!!
Parents get a free card for every 12 cards their student sells. Teachers get a free card if they have at least 5 student participants in their class.
Here is a link to share with friends and family to place online orders: www.stp.cards/35656
Here is a link to the school dashboard to view school sales and prizes: www.stp.cards/35656db
Here is a video that will explain everything you need to know about the program, there are also fun reminder videos to check out daily:
When a customer purchases a card online, it will be sent directly to them. Cards are mailed and will arrive in 3-5 days.
Please share our store link with everyone who loves pizza and your kiddo! Email and text the store link to everyone you know! Don’t be shy! Post it on your Facebook, Instagram, and any other social media platforms!
URGENT - PARKING LOT PROTOCOL/SAFETY
- ONE LINE FOR WAITING TO PICK UP.
- DO NOT FORM A SECOND OR EVEN A THIRD LINE AS THIS BLOCKS THE PASS-THRU LANE WHICH IS A MAJOR SAFETY HAZARD. IF THERE IS NO MORE ROOM - MOVE ON AND PARK!
- PULL ALL THE WAY UP TO THE CAR IN FRONT OF YOU - YOU CAN NOT PICK AN AREA TO WAIT. THIS BLOCKS ALL THE TRAFFIC BEHIND YOU.
- DO NOT EXIT YOUR CAR AT ANY POINT. IF YOUR CHILD NEEDS YOU TO GREET THEM AT THE DOORS, THEN YOU SHOULD NOT BE IN THE PICK-UP LINE.
- KINDY PARENTS/CAREGIVERS SHOULD NOT BE IN THE PICK-UP LINE. KINDY STUDENTS MUST BE PICKED UP AT THE WEST DOORS BY AN AUTHORIZED ADULT OR OLDER SIBLING. WAVING OUT YOUR CAR WINDOW AT THE TEACHER TO SEND YOUR CHILD OVER IS NOT PERMISSIBLE.
- IF THE LOT IS FULL UP TO THE BUS CIRCLE, THEN THE DEERFIELD POLICE WILL TEMPORARILY CLOSE THE LOT UNTIL ALL BUSES HAVE ARRIVED.
- WE UNDERSTAND SOME PARENTS/CAREGIVERS MAY TELL THEIR STUDENT(S) TO MEET THEM AT A CERTAIN SPOT IN THE LOT, HOWEVER, THAT IS MOST LIKLEY NOT POSSIBLE. HAVE YOUR STUDENT(S) AWARE AND LOOKING FOR YOUR CAR, OR IF YOUR CHILD IS ANXIOUS, IT IS HIGHLY RECOMMENDED PARENTS/CAREGIVERS PARK ON WARWICK OR SURROUNDING STREETS AND WALK OVER TO THE SCHOOL.
- IF YOUR STUDENT(S) NEEDS A SPECIFIC SPOT TO MEET YOU - THEN PICK A STREET OFF SCHOOL GROUNDS AND HAVE THEM WALK THERE.
- FINALLY - PLEASE BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER PARENTS/CAREGIVERS, WALDEN STAFF, AND THE DEERFIELD POLICE OFFICERS IN THE LOT.
Please review these guidelines and share with anyone that may be picking up your student(s), We all have the same end goal - if everyone follows the rules then things will run smoothly and all our students will be safe.
KIDDOS LUNCH CREDITS
MAGIC NIGHT - THANK YOU
TEACHER APPRECIATION WEEK
We have assigned each grade a specials teacher(s) to recognize throughout the week in addition to their classroom teacher (see below.) Additionally, as we honor classroom teachers, we would love for students to recognize other resource staff who are invaluable to learning at Walden.
- Kindergarten: Ms. Summers - Art
- 1st Grade: Ms. Mckee - Steam
- 2nd Grade: Ms. Kerner & Ms. Levin - LMC
- 3rd Grade: Ms. Bredemeier - Nurse
- 4th Grade: Mr. Rendl & Ms. Walker - PE
- 5th Grade: Ms. Graham – Music, Mr. Schwartz – Band, Mr. Friel – Orchestra
Finally, the PTO will be giving the teachers and staff a variety of treats gifts throughout the week that we wanted to share with you...
- Monday: Donuts and coffee for all teachers and staff.
- Tuesday: Any way you slice it, the teachers have a piece of our hearts. Pizza and assorted pies will be served to all staff.
- Wednesday: A delicious Cinco de Mayo luncheon will be provided.
- Thursday: As a way to show our teachers and staff that they are VIP, concessions and sweet treats will be available.
- Friday: Our teachers and staff are pasta-tively nothing bundt the best. Teachers and staff will be served an Italian luncheon and Nothing Bundt Cakes.
We thank you for your continued support of our Walden staff. Although this school year was like no other and not what anyone had planned, we continue to be so impressed by our teachers and are excited to honor them.