Hillcrest Staff ARTery
We are the heART of Hillcrest!
Welcome to our weekly staff newsletter!
The week of September 19th - 23rd
AM - Jody, Anna & Amy W.
PM - Lee, Cory & Kris
Treats: Feel free to bring a treat when ever you want, or not
Word of the Week: Responsibility
Monday, September 19th (Day 1)
- 8:20 - BLT Meeting
Tuesday, September 20th (Day 2)
- 8:20 - Staff Meeting
- 11:25 - 1:00 Boy Scout Representative in LR
Wednesday, September 21st (Day 3)
- 8:30 - 9:10 Tech Team Meeting
- 8:30 - 9:00 SWIM Team Meeting (Lindsey's Room)
- 9:45 - 3:15 Grade 3 Field Trip - River Rendezvous
- 9:45 - 10:15 - Bus Evacuation Practice
- 3:15 - Fundraiser Kickoff!
Thursday, September 22nd (Day 1)
- 8:00 - 12:00 - Calvin out of building
- 8:20 - PLC Team Meeting Time
Friday, September 23rd (Day 2)
- 8:30 - ISST Meeting
- 3:15 - All School Rally!
September 28th - Fall Picture Day
October 5th - Fundraiser Orders due
October 6th - Vision & Hearing Screening
October 11th - PTSA Meeting
Leonard Bernstein at 100
The Ordway Center for Performing Arts will be putting up a two week run of Westside Story in April. Hillcrest will be partnering with the Ordway to celebrate both Bernstein and the musical. More details will be shared in the coming months.
Learn more about what Bernstein created during his lifetime here:
- remove clutter
- have common display frames
- new paint
- add color or pattern
- have a school rug
- spruce up the display
- put student artwork up -- DONE
- re-paint -- DONE
- have warmer lighting (and welcoming furniture)
- remove/repaint bench -- REMOVED
- clear doors of paper -- DONE
- sail signs for along the driveway -- INSTALLED
- benches along parkside entrance
If there is one item above that you feel you can help accomplish in the coming month, please feel free to act.
Sheridan Story - Launch
Postcards to help start the registration of families in need went out on Friday, 9/9 and Monday, 9/12. If you know of any families in need, you can refer them to me or Rachel our social worker and we'll make sure that they are contacted.
Quick Reminder of What It's All About:
The Sheridan Story facilitates a partnership between community organizations, such as churches, and schools. The church (in our case - Hillcrest United Methodist Church) sponsors a school, which encompasses investing in the relationship with the school and also paying for, packing, and distributing food directly to the children. The Sheridan Story provides the logistical, sourcing, and organizational expertise necessary to execute the process of providing a weekend food supply.
The goal of the partnerships is to feed hungry children while developing a lasting relationship between the community and the school.
It is very important to provide kids with as much food as they are able to carry home in order to provide them with the nutrition they need to grow and learn. We have determined that the best range is approximately 4.5-5 lbs of food per bag.
After School Classes
Ann Bancroft Foundation
The Ann Bancroft Foundation is working to create a world where every girl has a chance to live her dream and reach her full potential.
Since 1997, ABF has awarded Dare to Dream and Let Me Play Grants of $500 each to more than 3,000 Minnesota girls—connecting them to mentors, funding and encouragement to help them reach for their highest goals.
- Provide grants to girls ages 5 through high school graduation to realize a dream
- Encourage and support programs with girls' organizations
- Form strategic partnerships with corporations to support other organizations programs
The foundation is now accepting applications!
Other Information and News
- No gum in the hallways and cafeteria
- Please have students brush off bark chips before coming into the school (also have them help pick them up chips off the floor at clean up time)
- Please do not daisy chain or link your power chords to each other
- Please put trash and recycling cans by your classroom door at the end of the day
- Please put chairs up on tables at the end of the day