Colts Express News
August 27, 2018
- Great Start!: Thank you all for a great and smooth start to the school year last week! It was wonderful to see many of our students return and welcome several new students as well!
- A New Security Officer for SES: As part of the Fort Mill School District's plan to increase safety in our schools, we have our very own security officer now. Please help us welcome Berry Weinstein to this position. He has experience in law enforcement, and we are excited to have him join our school family!
- A New Nurse for SES: Mrs. Mindi Moore has been our school nurse for the past year and has done a phenomenal job. She recently had a great professional opportunity come her way that works best for her family. Her last day at SES will be September 7. We wish Nurse Moore all the best! We have hired Jennifer Sova to be our new nurse. She has several years of experience working in pediatrics, and we know she will do a great job for our students. Mrs. Sova will have the opportunity to work with Nurse Moore prior to the change taking place.
- Immunization Forms: If you have a kindergarten student or a new student at SES, please be sure to turn in your child's immunization form by September 18 if you have not already.
- Back-to-School Picnic: Bring your blankets and chairs, pack a picnic, and get ready for a good time with other school families at our "Back-to-School" picnic this Thursday, August 30, from 5:30-7:30 pm. Boosterthon will provide the music and the All-Star Cafe food truck will be on site if you would like to purchase food. For a special treat, the PTA will have free Italian Ice! The event is hosted by our PTA!
- Breakfast in the Classroom: We have had a few questions regarding Breakfast in the Classroom. This is for students who are ordering from the cafeteria. Classes are ordering the day before. If a student is absent after ordering the day before, they will not be charged for the meal. If a student is absent, returns the next day, and would like to order, they are able to order and get a breakfast.
- Safety Patrol: Mrs. Marsters met with fifth grade classes last week to provide information about Safety Patrol for this fall semester. If your fifth grade student is still interested in participating in the mornings or afternoons, it is not too late. They may still contact their child's teacher or Mrs. Marsters to join!
Upcoming Important Dates
- August 28: Spirit Night at Chipotle
- August 30: "Back-to-School Picnic" 5:30-7:30
- August 31: Box Tops Collection Date
- September 3: Labor Day - School is Closed
- September 6: School Store Opens
Our staff enjoyed the first week back and looks forward to a great year ahead!
Springfield Elementary School
Click on the SES button to be redirected to our school website for additional information.