Bridgewater Friday Update
Bear Pride: Respect, Responsibility, Be Safe, Do Your Best
February 5, 2021
Morning Drop Off
Afternoon Pick Up
Kindergarten Information Meeting--Virtual
I Love to Read Month
Black History Month
Manners and Language
Arrival Information--Parent Drop-Off
Here are the rules/guidelines that need to be adhered to in the mornings:
- Students may arrive at 8:00 a.m. (9:00 a.m. on Wednesdays) if they are eating breakfast in the morning.
- Students may arrive no earlier than 8:10 a.m. each day (9:10 a.m. on Wednesdays) otherwise.
- Stay in your car and in line to drop off your child. Don't park and walk across the parking lot.
- Students walking to school should leave the house no earlier than 8:00 a.m.
- Do not budge in line, drop your child and hurry away; be the positive role model for your child.
When you pull up into the drop-off lane, please pull ahead as far as you can before letting your child exit your car. If there is a long line, please don't wait until you are directly in front of the door before letting your child out of your car. There is enough space for at least eight cars to drop off at the same time, and the children can walk up the sidewalk to the front door.
End of the Day--Parent Pick Up
As in the past, we will provide you a car-up tag for your child. Please write your child's name and grade big and clear on this tag, and place it so that it is visible through your windshield. This way you will drive up, we can read your child's name and make sure that your child gets to your car. Please remain in your car and in line. This is similar to a drive through, were you place your order and receive your happy face. Please be patient, alert and courteous. Everyone has a schedule with places to go.
We have about three times as many parents picking up this year. Everyone will need to be patient and respectful please.
- Pull up when you can without leaving a huge gap in front of your car.
- Make sure your tag is visible in your windshield hanging from your rear-view mirror.
- Our K, 1, 2 students are dismissed first, and they will be ready to be picked up right away. The older students will be down shortly afterwards. You will want to plan accordingly.
- Stay in your car and in line to pick up your child. Don't park and walk across the parking lot.
- We are trying our very best to get your child to the correct car in a timely fashion while looking out for the safety of all.
- Students walking home that need to cross Jefferson Parkway must cross with the safety patrols for their own safety.
Bridgewater Elementary School
The staff is intensely dedicated to offering a high quality, well-rounded education that strives to meet the specific needs of each student. We focus on empowering our students in their learning and building a solid foundation for their educational journeys.