By: Principal Dufrene (March 1st)
Hello HHS Trojans,
I am looking forward to a full week of teaching and learning! We only have 14 weeks left to this school year and we have so much to do in the next three months. We need everyone to turn it up and give their best each day. Once again, communication and effort is the key to being successful!
5th Block has started...if you had a rough first semester by failing one or more core classes (including Personal Finance) or you are having a tough second semester 5th Block is for you. You can sign up by using the 5th Block link that was shared with you in Schoology. See your school counselor or Ms. Lease (room #113) if you have any questions. Additional information is also provided below...
This Week @HHS...
- Friday> Virtual Friday (make sure you check in with your teachers during assigned times).
- Friday & Saturday> Winter Sports begin...see schedule below!
Proof of Enrollment:
Proof of Enrollment Information:
- This is a state policy and not a county/school policy
- There are three qualifying areas (Discipline, Attendance, Credits)
*Please note that GPA does not play a role in qualifying for a proof of enrollment. A student's eligibility is based on earning five credits during the school year. Three of these credits must be in core areas. During the first semester of the school year, last year's data is used for eligibility purposes.
What this means for students:
1. If you failed all four courses during first semester you are not currently eligible for a proof of enrollment. You would not be eligible until the end of the first semester NEXT year (January 2022), assuming you are in good standing at that time.
2. If you failed two or more core classes during the first semester and they are not in your second semester schedule, you are not currently eligible for a proof of enrollment. You would not be eligible until the end of the first semester NEXT year (January 2022), assuming you are in good standing at that time.
3. If you had failures first semester, but would still be able to meet the qualifications of earning five total credits with three being in core classes, it is important that you maintain a passing grade in your second semester classes at all times to be eligible for your proof of enrollment from now until the end of the year. If you apply while having failing grades you will not be approved and would need to re-apply when report cards show passing grades.
4. Students who find themselves already ineligible for the year due to first semester performance should investigate 5th block opportunities and summer school in order to have the opportunity to become eligible before January 2022. Recovered credits will count towards eligibility and allow students to receive their proof of enrollment sooner depending on completion and date they are put on transcripts.
How to request your proof of enrollment:
There are two ways to request your proof of enrollment. Students can complete the request slip located outside of the main office and turn it in to Mrs. Shockey in the office or they can send Ms. Fuller a direct message in Schoology.
Once forms have been processed at the school level it can take up to two weeks to receive the approved form back in the office. Please do not request a proof of enrollment on the same day that it is needed or ask for the form to be expedited. We must send the form out of the building for completion.
Once forms are returned to HHS and available for pick-up, students will receive a Schoology message to alert them. Forms cannot be faxed or email due to the embossed seal and blue ink requirement. Due to the number of requests we receive, forms will not be mailed.
Forms are valid for 90 days for this year ONLY and students need a form each time they go to the DMV.
***WVU Potomac State College Lesley Stark, Admissions Counselor for Hampshire County***
- will be avaliable to meet virtually with students and their families. If you have any questions about PSC please join!
- Wednesday, March 3, 2021
- 6-7pm (Teams Link Below)
Alyssa Hager, Admissions Counselor, will be available on Teams for those interested in Marshall University. Link Below.
Tuesday 3/2 4:00-4:30 PM
Attn: Students & Parents
HHS is now offering an After School Program - Academic Recovery for 2021
Students can use the link below to sign up for the following:
5th Block - Credit recovery of failed course needing credit for graduation requirements
Tutoring - is your student struggling this 2nd semester? Then sign up for after school tutoring and get back on board and current.
For attendance safety, transportation and snack availability - please sign up at least ONE day prior to attend.
No minimum days required, unless recommended by staff/administration/guidance
Curbside Pick Up or Delivery Of Meals-- March 5, 2021
Friday, March 5, 2021 students may pick up meals or have meals delivered. Curbside meals will be available from 10:00-12:00 at all schools. Meals will be delivered beginning at 9:30 am. Please register your child on the Hampshire County Board of Education website if you are interested in receiving meals.
HHS Mission & Belief Statements:
- Mission> We will equip all with 21st Century Skills for a lifetime of success.
- We Believe...
* The faculty and staff are building a culture of success by focusing on 21st Century Skills: Communication, Collaboration, Creativity, Critical-Thinking, and Citizenship.
* Success is the shared responsibility of students, staff, and community.
* All students have the ability to learn given the appropriate academic, social, and emotional resources.
* Our community is an important part of the Hampshire High School family, and we value their communication and collaboration involving the academic and social aspects for our school.