Week of Monday, February 20- Friday, February 24
Spring Conferences- 2/27-3/3
McKinley Film Festival
Film Festival: March 17th
Films are due to your student's teacher on February 27th by 3:30 PM (*no exceptions)
- Only 5 films can be submitted per classroom.
- The student's classroom teacher will submit created films.
- Only 4th - 8th graders can submit individual films.
- TK - 3rd graders can submit class-created films, not individual films.- Film scoring rubric
Dine and Donate
15% of sales go to McKinley. No need for a flier, just mention McKinley Dine and Donate. @belfaresonoma Instagram
1410 South McDowell Blvd Suite D, Cross Street Casa Grande in Petaluma
Phone Number 707-774-6029
Join us for Shrek the Musical Performances
Once Upon a Time Cast: 3/3 at 6:30 PM and 3/4 at 1:00 PM
Happily Ever After Cast: 3/4 at 6:30 PM and 3/5 at 1:00 PM
Admission is free, but donations are gratefully and happily accepted. There will be concessions and flowers available to be purchased for the performers, with all proceeds in support of McKinley Performing Arts.
PACS PE and Spanish Teacher Positions Open at McKinley
The McKinley/PACS Calendar
The calendar on the school website is the ultimate resource for all that is going on at McKinley and PACS. You can print or add the feed from this calendar to your personal calendar. Click on each event to get more information.
Check it out here:
Also, people with Gmail can "subscribe" to the calendar - here are instructions:
The McKinley/PACS Calendar includes all school events, including events hosted by the PTA. For families with a Gmail address, you can easily keep track of events by adding the school calendar to your Google calendar as an "other calendar":
- Open your own Google calendar (on your computer, not your phone)
- On the left-hand side of the page, under the month calendar and list of My Calendars, you'll see Other Calendars
- Just to the right of the words Other Calendars is a small downward arrow that brings up a drop-down menu -- click on that and choose "add a friend's calendar"
- Into that box, type or paste email@example.com and hit enter
- That's it! You should now be able to see McKinley/PACS events -- both those organized by the school, and those hosted by the PTA -- listed on your calendar.
Call for Volunteers. McKinley Spring Fundraiser THE LOVE BOAT is setting sail.
WE NEED YOUR HELP! We need 20 people or more willing to donate their time. If we do not have the volunteers we cannot raise the money that pays for school supplies, bilingual instructional assistants, field trips, classroom funds, curriculum support, PE for TK-6, AND SO MUCH MORE!
Planning Meetings are ongoing every other Wednesday at 7:30pm via Zoom. The next meeting is March 1st.
Zoom information below.
ZOOM MEETING INFORMATION
Meeting ID: 818 6924 7100
MOST IMPORTANTLY.... SPREAD THE WORD! This is an amazing opportunity to meet other families, have fun with families you know, support the kiddos but we need your help making sure every family (especially those younger families and those new to McKinley) know!!!
Trex Plastic Bag and Film Recycling Challenge
McKinley & PACS will participate in the Trex plastic bag and film recycling challenge starting on December 6th. The school will be competing against other schools across the country to see if we can recycle the most plastic bags and plastic film. The winning school will receive a new Trex bench! From December 6th - April 15th (Earth Day), there will be bins at both entrances of the school for you to recycle your plastic bags and film.
Please know that this is only for plastic bags and plastic film items. Signage of what is accepted and not accepted will be noted on the collection bins.
Click the link to understand what is an acceptable item to include in the collection bin.
- 2/24- Intercultural Cafe/Chat with the Principal
- 2/27-3/3- Conference Week- Early Release ALL WEEK
- Play Performances - March 3 - 6:30 PM; March 4 - 1:00 PM; March 4 - 6:30 PM, March 5 - 1:00 PM
- 3/17- McK/PACS Film Festival