February 3, 2023
Hello Wolf Pack,
Teachers reviewed Quarter 3 PACK Expectations with students this week. While leaving backpacks, purses, fanny packs, and bags in lockers, has been an expectation all year, we did emphasize that we will be enforcing that consistently. A pencil pouch in a binder is a good spot to carry their needed supplies and materials.
We are also consistently enforcing cell phones, earbuds and other tech. There was a significant increase in the # of students with earbuds in throughout the day, along with students on phones: during class, leaving class to use phones in the hall or restroom, etc. We communicated with students that they may ask a staff member if they need to use their phone for something reasonable, otherwise, if phones or earbuds are out, they will go to the office for the remainder of the day.
Thank you for partnering with us around this, as we want students to engage in their learning and to take advantage of the time to socialize with others. Please limit your communication via student cell phones during school hours.
Finally, Mr. Larsen and Mrs. Hurst really appreciated the response from our Wolf PACK as we presented in classrooms around Student Responsibilities and Rights, specifically about bullying, language, and discriminatory harassment. Students could see how quickly "messing around" and "teasing" a classmate can quickly get out of hand and become a serious issue with corresponding discipline.
*Note: We linked both the Q3 PACK Expectations and the CVSD K-12 Student Responsibilities and Rights in case you have any questions or would like to view them.
This Week & Upcoming Events:
- Fill the Truck Food Drive continues. See information below.
- A.S.B. Candy Grams: sales begin during lunches Feb. 9th.
- Yoga Fundraiser at The Mat on Saturday, Feb. 11. Details below.
- See boys' basketball game schedule below.
- Boys' Basketball Games on Feb. 13th will be held @ Ridgeline High School with games beginning between 3:30-5:45. More details to follow next week.
- Feb. 14- Group pictures for yearbook
- Girls' Basketball begins Feb. 16. Sign up in Final Forms now.
- Conferences Feb. 22-24- Be watching for information about our new focus and format.
- Career Fair Feb. 24
- Pack Attack High 5 3-on-3 Basketball Tournament-- March 3rd. Sign up forms are available at lunch.
Fill the Truck Food Drive
Point values are - ramen and tiny cans are 1/2 point, regular size cans are 1 point, and giant cans and peanut butter are 2 points.
Help us "Fill the Truck!"
2nd Quarter Art Show
Also viewable on youtube: https://youtu.be/hlsatbj7XI8
Congratulations to the 2 quarter Selkirk Summit Award Winner Champions!
1- Gavin Hayden
2- Brontë Marshall
3- Makinley Simmelink
4- Gurnoor Gill
Well done!! We are proud of your efforts in Health & Fitness!
Contacts at Selkirk Middle School
Attendance Line: 558-6207 (or email: firstname.lastname@example.org)
Principal, Ty Larsen: email@example.com
Asst. Principal, Jen Hurst: firstname.lastname@example.org
Counselor, Connie Mott: email@example.com
Head Secretary, Mandi Daniels: firstname.lastname@example.org
Assistant Secretary, Denise Burgess: email@example.com