LIB 301 Syllabus
Instructor - Mary Roby
phone - 704.406.4298 or 1.800.253.8330
The best way to contact me with questions concerning our class, assignments, or grades is through my GWU email address.
I am available by phone, but I am frequently out of the office. It may be several days before I receive your message and can return your call. If your need is immediate, please contact me through email.
Assessments, Quizzes, & Discussions
Annotated Bibliography & Practice Segments
You will have the opportunity to earn up to 645 points this semester.
To calculate your grade at any time, divide the total number of points you have earned by the total number of points possible at that point in the semester. This will give you your grade average.
Grade Average Scale:
· 90 – 100 – A
· 80 – 89 – B
· 70 – 79 – C
· 60 – 69 – D
· Below 60 – F
In LIB 301 you will receive important feedback from me on your assignments.
Feedback tends to be a mix of praise for a job well done and suggestions for making your work stronger.
Some of the most important feedback that you will receive in this course will be on your Practice Segment assignments.
Everyone will receive feedback on their Welcome discussion post, Topic Submission and each Practice Segment assignment. Once you see a grade posted for any of these assignments, follow the step-by-step instructions for viewing your graded feedback located in the “Viewing Graded Feedback” tab.
- Students will be able to define what it means to be an "information literate" consumer of information. (Module 1 Discussion)
- Students will be able to recall, identify, and access materials in various formats from the Dover Library. (Module 3)
- Students will be able to select and evaluate websites appropriate for academic research and defend the selection of that website based on their reliability, scholarly attributes, and authorship of that site. (Module 8)
- Students will be able to appraise and examine self-selected resources through a written annotation justifying that resource's inclusion in their assignment. (PS1, PS2, PS3, PS4 Assignments, Annotated Bibliography Final Project)
- Students will be able to construct an APA Citation and write an evaluative annotation on a reference source, eBook, and scholarly journal article. (PS 1, PS2, PS3, PS4, and Annotated Bibliography)
- Students will be able to create an Annotated Bibliography, on the topic of their choice, meeting particular source requirements.
Internet Accessibility Disclosure
NOEL Program & Online Materials Accessibility
Upon request, any publication in this course can be made available to any student in an alternate format. Please make such requests by emailing me as soon as possible.