The creator of social media
By: Joey Gouveia
- Mark Zuckerberg was born on May 14,1984 in White Plains New York.
- His parents are Karen Kempner and Edward Zuckerberg.
- He fell in love with computers at the age of eleven and has been hooked sense.
- When he was 12 he created a messaging program he named "Zucknet" for his fathers dental office.
- In 2002 he enrolled at the University of Harvard.
- In his third year of college him and a few of his friends created the social media site Facebook.
- Facebook started to become popular, and later that year in 2005 he dropped out of college to work on Facebook full time.
- This was a huge risk because he invested a lot of his time and money and if Facebook were to have failed, then he would have to try to get into another school with little to no money.
- Cameron Winkelvoss and his brother tyler Winklevoss are known for co-founding HarvardConnecetion along with Harvard classmate Divya Narenda. In 2006, the Winkelvoss brothers sued Mark Zuckerberg claiming he stole their idea to create the popular social media site Facebook.
- The jury never came to a conclusion in court. so it was settled out of court and Mark Zuckerberg had to pay the Winkelvoss brothers 65 million dollars.
- Though this was not a good risk. Stealing ideas from the Winkelvoss brothers was huge risk because he ended up losing 65 million dollars.
How he has affected my life
- Facebook was one of the first social media sites ever made. Which inspired other people to make social media media sites such as Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Snapchat and others that I use everyday.
Why people may think Mark Zuckerberg is not a risk taker
people may think he is not a risk taker because...
- He grew up in a wealthy family.
- Went to a good college.
- Because he is rich.