North Clackamas Christian School Newsletter
August 22, 2022
WELCOME TO A NEW SCHOOL YEAR!
We are excited and ready to welcome 308 students (PreK-12) to NCCS for the new school year. We give an extra special welcome to our new families! We believe God has brought us all together and we praise him for his many blessings. Our staff is looking forward to seeing you in the new school year!
When you arrive on campus, you will see that we are well into our remodel of the Campus Improvement Project, replacing all windows and siding on our buildings. The work will be ongoing this year, beginning with the front main and the 200/gym buildings. This is a very exciting time for our school as we attend to these needed updates on our campus.
Thank you for reading the montly newsletter, as it is a significant source of commuication from the school. We aim to combine necessary messages within the newsletter in order to reduce the amount of separate emails needing to be sent out during the month.
Our prayer for 2022-23 is for God's continued blessing to be on our school and that in all we do we will honor Him. It is a blessing to partner with Chrisitan parents, raising our students as disciples for the Kingdom. May God be pleased with our efforts!
PLEASE read the BTS Communication, emailed from the office this month, which contains supply lists and many other details as we begin a new school year.
Office Hours Update
- The office will resume regular hours, Mon-Fri, 8am-3:45pm, beginning Aug. 22.
- All offices will be closed Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 29 & 30, for staff meetings.
- All offices will be closed Labor Day, Sept. 5.
Back to School Night
WHEN and WHERE: Sept. 1, 4-6pm; Field and Classrooms
- Secondary use gym gate entrance
- Elementary use front door entrance
WHO: All parents and students, Prek-12th grade
WHY: Classrooms will be open to meet teachers, bring school supplies, and meet parents and students in your class. Secondary students will get their schedules, textbooks, PE uniform, and locks & lockers, from their Advisory Teacher. Elementary Family ID tags for dismissal will be handed out in the classroom. Please turn in forms and medication at the office. There will be a brief welcome and introductions of the Board, Administration, and Staff at 4:30pm. Following this time, there will be ice cream served outside. This is a fun night of fellowship to kick off the new school year. Please plan to join us!!!
Drop off and Pick Up Process
School entry gates will be opened at 8:05 am and closed at 8:15 am. It is imperative to your student's success that they arrive on time, ready to learn each day. We know that on occasion something (traffic, over sleeping, rough start at home, etc.) may happen that causes a student to be late, but this should be very infrequent, and and exception to what is expected. Daily attendance is of high value and a standard we hold to, expecting parents will see to this on a consistent basis. Thank you for making on time, daily attendance, a priority.
Below are details regarding the process and expectations for arrival and dismissal:
- Students will enter at the large gate at the blacktop, opens at 8:05 am. Students will go to their designated grade level line to meet their teacher. Parents should ensure their student is in line by 8:15 am, the school start time, and then exit through the gate as it is locked promptly by staff.
- Parents dropping off students from the car line, should make sure to pull up to the front crosswalk, ensuring that student is aware of other cars in the lot.
- Parents shoud not proceed with students to the classroom. Check in a the office prior to entry.
- If tardy (after 8:15am), parents MUST walk their student to the office to sign in.
- Students will enter at the gym gate, opens at 8:05 am. Class begins at 8:15 am.
- Parents should not proceed through the gate. Check in a the office prior to entry.
- If tardy (after 8:15am), parents MUST walk their student to the office to sign in. Students will receive after school detention for tardies (@ 5, 10, and 15... see the Handbook).
- Students will stay in their classrooms with their teacher at the end of the day, 2:30pm.
- Parents may stay in their car in the drive-through lanes, or park and wait along the gate to pick up their student.
- One staff member will be at the gate and one by the drive-through lanes. Each will enter your Family ID number into their devices.
- When entered, ID numbers will show on a screen in the correlating classroom, prompting the teacher to dismiss students based on when their Family ID number is displayed.
- Students will exit the classroom when dismissed by their teachers, a staff member will greet and direct them to the appropriate pick-up area (either the gate or to the drive-through lanes).
- The adult picking up the student will be required to have the school “official” branded Family ID car tag in order to have the student dismissed. Each family will get 2 tags (new for 2022-23). These will be handed out at Back to School Night. Please contact the office for additional tags (for carpool, grandparents, etc.), if needed.
- Each student will be given a Family ID backpack tag, new for 2022-23. These will attach to the student's backpack. Please help encourage your child to keep the tag in place on their backpack, not removing it at any time unless switching backpacks.
- Students are dismissed from class at 3pm. They will exit out the gym gate.
- Students should use the sidewalk and crosswalks at all times, being sure to not walk through the parking lot and between cars.
- Students should be off campus by 3:15pm. However, they are permitted to be in the library (open to 4:30pm), with a coach for a practice/game, or with a teacher for needed support. They shall not be unsupervised while on campus.
2022-23 School Verse Passage
Ephesians 4:13-17 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
Parent Student Handbook
Each year the Parent Student Handbook is reviewed and updated as school policy. Please take some time, prior to the beginning of the school year, to read and review this handbook with your family.
There will be sections highlighted, reviewed and discussed in the classroom with students during the first week of school. The Parent Student Handbook Agreement Form will be sent home with every student from their teacher, with the expectation that they will be returned signed by both parent and student, on the due date specified by the teacher. This signed form is a requirement of enrollment at NCCS and each student must have one on file annually.
Dress and Attire Expectations
Mrs. Hardy will be working with students to meet these expectations, and if needed, contact a parent for support.
Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF) Fundraiser
On Monday, August 29 at 10am-10pm, the delicious and generous MOD Pizza (19550 Molalla Ave.) is donating back 20% of takeout, delivery & pick up orders to support a great cause -- PTF of North Clackamas Christian School! LINK TO EVENT INFO
On behalf of North Clackamas Christian School you’re invited to join us and eat out, not only in support of our school, but to show one of your Oregon City restaurants some love too! We hope you can make it, and please feel free to forward this invitation to your friends and family. Thanks in advance for your support!
-NCCS Parent Teacher Fellowship (PTF)
Extended Day Program (EDP)
For those needing before and/or after school care, this will be available for pre-registered students, starting on the first day of school. Our program is for NCCS students in K-6th grade. The AM session meets in the gym and the PM session uses the preschool building.
Please attend to the designated registration process (EDP Registration) prior to accessing this service, should it be needed by your family. Registration commitment will be per semester and the deadline for fall semester registration is August 31st. Charges are on a daily rate per student, through monthly NCCS billing. Space is limited. Registration and billing questions should be directed to the business office.
NOTE: We are still seeking a PM Supervisor for this program, 2:30-5pm. Please reach out to our office for questions or application. Parents may bring their own elementary aged children at no cost, if employed.
AM Session, 7:30-8:15 am
PM Session, 2:30-5 pm
Pastries with Parents
Oct. 6, 1:45-2:30pm
Nov. 3, 8:15-9 am
Dec. 1, 8:15-9am
Jog A Thon
We need many volunteers to make this a successful fundraising and student activity. Please reach out to Susan Van Sickle to find a way you can help, either ahead, during or after the event.
For any questions or interests in helping with any of our fundraising efforts, feel free to contact Susan. We welcome all who want to support these efforts!
Campus Improvement Project Begins!
Please read the attached flyer with more details. To finish the entire project, there is a need for additional donations. If you are able to give to the Campus Improvement Project, please use the QR code below, and checks are also accepted through our office. We would also welcome any efforts to share this need with others in your circle of influence. Questions or inquiries should be directed to Sherri James.
Thank you to those who have already given to this significant project. You are making a differnece to the future of NCCS!
FACTS Family App Info
If you utilize the RenWeb Home app, please read the following note from FACTS:
"Our updated FACTS Family app will be replacing the RenWeb Home app this summer. Beginning on June 1, 2022, your families currently using RenWeb Home can log into the app store and download the FACTS Family app to continue accessing their current content – and so much more. The RenWeb Home app will be officially discontinued on August 15, so families must download the FACTS Family app prior to prevent an interruption in content access.
Please note that families that have already paid the $4.99 app fee for RenWeb Home will not be charged for their FACTS Family app download until their RenWeb Home subscription period is over."
Molalla to NCCS Transportation
Mexico Missions Trip
Bag up some blue bags of bottles/cans this summer to support a Mexican child’s Christian education at https://noeinternational.org/ and help our students go to Mexico in 2023!
Please take as many of the Blue Bottle Drop bags as you can fill from the lobby…we have hundreds! Save them for us, and return them filled to the front lobby. Remember to distribute glass so bags are not too heavy. Please use the blue bags rather than your own as we have to transfer them.
Thank you!!! —Margaret Hespen, NCCS Spanish & Art Teacher
Day In The Park Event
As a local ministry outreach opportunity, the Hayward's, a NCCS family who serve as pastors at Revolution Church, want to invite our families to attend Day In The Park, Sept. 4, at Lents Park. You can find all the details at https://www.thedayinthepark.com/.
There is also a need and request to have volunteers (adults and teens) for this event. Volunteer registration is on their website for any youth or adults who want to serve http://thedayinthepark.com/volunteer . Grab a friend, your family, or youth group, and go show God's love to our community!
Local Churches for Those Needing a Place of Worship for Their Family
AUg. 23 JH Volleyball Begins
Aug. 29-Sept. 2 Teacher Inservice
Aug. 29 PTF Fundraiser at MOD Pizza, 10am-10pm
Aug. 31-Sept. 1 HS Choir Kickoff
Sept. 1 Back to School Night, 4-6pm
Sept. 5 Labor Day
Sept. 6 First Day of School (K-12)
Sept. 8 Pastries with Parents, 8:15-9am (Elementary Side Gate Entry)
Sept. 8 Preschool 2-day Orientation, 8-11:30am
Sept. 9 Preschool 3-day Orientation, 8-11:30am
Sept. 12 Preschool Begins
Sept. 12 Board Meeting, 6:30pm (Library)
Sept. 15 Parent Orientation (K-12), 6-8pm
Sept. 15-16 Picture Day
Sept. 19-Oct. 7 MAP testing
Sept. 23 Elementary Jog-A-Thon, 11:30am-2:30pm (Field)
Would you consider sharing your experience at NCCS? Many parents search online looking for educational options. They use a website, Niche, in this search. Please provide a review and ratings (hope all are 5 stars!) of NCCS. Thank you!
NCCS Mission Statement
“North Clackamas Christian School partners with Christian parents in providing our students with a biblically based education that pursues excellence in spiritual, academic, artistic, and athletic programs, training them to serve Christ daily.”
Montly Board Reports
Matt Hixson, Chair
Erika Porter, Vice Chair
Mark Van Sickle, Secretary
Danae Plover, Treasurer
We have two Facebook pages at NCCS. The general page is https://www.facebook.com/nccssaints and the Parent Teacher Fellowship page is https://www.facebook.com/groups/250714442018544
We are here for you!
Superintendent/Principal: Sherri James (Ext 101)
Dean of Students: Carmen Moore (Ext 214)
Assistant Principal: Rebekah Hardy (Ext 401)
Office Manager: McKenzie Falotico (Ext 100)
Office Front Desk/Attendance: Beth Woody (Ext. 601)
Business Office: Susan Van Sickle (Ext 202)
Bookkeeping: Clancy Harris