Your Pregnancy: Month by Month
- Your baby is .1-. 2 millimeters.
- This is like the size of a poppy seed.
- As the mother you will have some symptoms that may include Nausea and tender or swollen breast.
- Your baby will be developing its genetic material and the sex will be decided, you can see where the arms will be.
- By this time your baby is just shy of being an inch long and weighs about 1/3 of an ounce.
- Your baby is now about the size of a raspberry.
- You may have more severe nausea, food sensitivities, and fatigue.
- Your baby's heart is now beating, it's limbs are developed, and its hands and feet are developed.
- Your baby is now 3-4 inches long and weighs about 1 once.
- You can compare it to a plum now.
- Your baby is now moving her arms and legs, its organs are present, and it is developing finger nails and toe nails.
- By now your uterus is has grown to the size of a grapefruit, you may feel moodier, and have food aversions.
- Your baby is now 6 inches long and weighs 4 ounces.
- Now your baby is the size of an avacado.
- Hair, eye lids, and eye lashes are developed. The bones and teeth are also becoming more dense.
- At this time in your pregnancy you may feel more sluggish and will realize that your abdomen is enlarging due to the baby growing.
- Your baby is now 10 inches long and can weigh anywhere from 1/2 - 1 pound.
- Your baby is the size of the magnet below.
- Your baby is developing muscles and is "quickening", it also has hair all over that is protecting it, along with that it also has a white "cheesy" substance layering her skin.
- You may start to have mood swings and might doubt your ability to raise a child.
- By now your baby is 11-14 inches long and may weigh 1-1.6 pounds.
- Your baby is about the size of the burpless cucumber below.
- Your baby may now be sucking its thumb, you may feel it hiccup, and its brain is developing rapidly.
- At this time in your pregnancy you may feel overheated and sweaty due to your blood supply raising and your lungs are working 50% harder now.
- Your baby is now 16 inches long and can weigh from 2.5-3 pounds.
- Your baby is the size of an eggplant now.
- Your babies hearing is getting better and it can now hear some of the outside world, it is developing a layer of fat, it also has a waxy substance called vernix caseosa which protects the skin.
- As the mother you may start to notice stretch marks on your stomach or thighs, you may also start having indigestion problems from the baby pushing down on your stomach.
- Your baby is now 16-18 inches long and weighs around 4.5-5.5 pounds.
- You can compare the size of your little one to a pineapple now.
- To prepare for birth your baby is now head down in the cervix, of is developing a layer of fat, and the face is now smooth and chubby.
- As the mother, your ribs may become sore due to the baby pushing on them and you may have difficulty sleeping.
- Your baby is now about 20 inches long and weights anywhere from 6-9 pounds.
- You can compare you little one to a watermelon now.
- As the baby is ready for birth it is settled into the birth canal with its knees tucked to its chest, all of the vernix is off of the babies skin, and the blood flow through the umbilical cord is keeping it tight to stay away from tangles.
- As the mother your prenatal checkups will increase to keep close eye on you and the baby and you will be asked to keep track of your Braxton Hicks contractions.