Ms. Monaghan's Message - February 5
Challenge, Inspire, Empower, & Serve
Important Upcoming Dates
Feb. 9: Virtual Kindergarten Information Event @ 6:30pm
Feb. 10: Mid-Term
Feb. 11: Noon Dismissal; Valentine’s Day parties @ 11:00 ; Teacher requested P/T Conferences
Feb. 11: Virtual Kindergarten Information Event @ 12:30pm
Feb. 12: No School - Diocesan PD
Feb. 15: No School - Presidents Day
Feb. 26: Spirit Day
Child size face masks
Face Mask Reminder
Kindergarten Information Virtual Events
As you know, word of mouth is our #1 way to increase our enrollment, so please share this information with anyone you know who has a student entering kindergarten in the fall. I'd be happy to send home a flyer (or several!) with your child if needed. Spread the word to your family and friends and let them know that our Kindergarten enrollment will open up soon!
Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you'd like me to send a flyer home with your child!
Stock the Pantry Drive
2021-2022 Registration is Coming Soon
This year, registration will run from Feb. 16 - Feb. 26 for our current St. Patrick families and will open up to new families on March 1. It is our goal that we will have 100% of our current families submit full registration or the minimum $200 registration deposit by February 26, which will give us a good idea of how many openings we have in each classroom as we open registration to new families on March 1.
Why do we ask for registration in the spring? Registering now allows proper planning of our staffing and budgetary needs for the following school year. We want to continue our mission to be inclusive and welcome ALL students who wish to attend our school, but we also have to maintain the small class sizes and focus on academic integrity and individualized instruction we promise to our families. Early registration allows us to take a look at our numbers and make any additions to our staff that might be needed to continue to meet our students' needs.
Option #1: Submit registration payment in full (along with your paperwork) by February 26 to receive a $200 discount on your total registration fees.
Option #2: Submit the $200 registration deposit by February 26 (along with your paperwork) and pay the remaining balance of registration fees by August 9.
Right now, we haven't decided if we will be capping our class sizes at 15 again next year. We are moving forward with this for now just to be safe and will wait until later this summer to decide if we feel it's safe to open up any further space in classrooms.
As of today, our class sizes are:
First Grade: 12
Second Grade: 15
Third Grade: 16
Fourth Grade: 11
Fifth Grade: 14
Sixth Grade; 15
Seventh Grade: 18
Eighth Grade: 15
In looking towards next year, if all of our current students re-enroll (which we hope you do!), we have limited spacing for the upcoming year. This is very exciting, yet makes it even more important that we have our registration in place as quickly as we possibly can for the 2021-2022 school year.
If all students re-enroll, and we continue to cap our class sizes at 15, we would be looking at:
Kindergarten: (unsure at this time)
First Grade: 1 opening
Second Grade: 3 openings
Third Grade: 0 openings
Fourth Grade: 0 openings
Fifth Grade: 4 openings
Sixth Grade: 1 opening
Seventh Grade: 0 openings
Eighth Grade: 0 openings
We are hoping to bump our 2nd-8th grade classes to 20 students next year, but we still aren't sure if we will be able to do that yet. Our Kindergarten and 1st grade classes will remain at 15 regardless. Either way, it is our hope that we start the year with full classes in every grade level!
2021-2022 Important Calendar Dates
August 18: First Day of School
November 22 - 26: Thanksgiving Break
December 20 - January 3: Christmas Break (return to school on January 4)
March 14-18: Spring Break
April 15-18: Easter Break
May 18 - Tentative Last Day of School
Lunch Room Volunteers Needed
You can volunteer one day a week, every other week, or even once a month! It's a great way to meet other school parents and get to know our students! If you are interested, please contact Mrs. Becky Orr at: email@example.com today!
Box Tops For Education
Learn more by clicking the links below to read or watch a video!
Protecting God's Children Certification
TRAINING CHANGES CONTINUE DUE TO COVID-19
- All live Protecting God’s Children for Adults (PGC) workshops continue to be suspended due to COVID-19.
- Employees and volunteers required to complete PGC are instead required to complete 2 online training modules in VIRTUS®:
- Protecting God’s Children® Online Awareness Session 3.0
- Mandated Reporters: Recognizing and Reporting Child Abuse
- VIRTUS® has automated the assignment of these modules for all brand new VIRTUS® users.
- Contact Sherry Huffman at firstname.lastname@example.org to sign up today!
Also, please remember that we do have students who have severe peanut allergies; therefore, all treats should be peanut free.
We really appreciate you helping us with this important health and safety protocol!
Please follow the steps below to purchase and order lunch online. If you have any further questions, please feel free to email Mrs. Orr at email@example.com.
Once you receive an email from Mrs. Orr indicating ordering is open for the month:
1. Add an online payment method. Go to My Accounting, click on Summary, then Payment Methods, at which point you will be able to add an online payment method to your Sycamore account.
2. When the month's ordering cycle is open, go to My Accounting, click on Cafeteria, then Orders. Click on the drop down box next to each date to choose your lunch option, or leave blank if you prefer not to order that day.
3. When finished with the month's ordering, click the top right hand "Update" button to submit your choices and get a total for the month's lunches. (If you have multiple students, you will need to order separately for each one.)
4. If you have entered a payment method, click on the "Make Payment" button at the top right corner to pay online. If you have no payment method entered, send the total for your month's lunches to the office via check or cash, and the cafeteria will record it in your lunch account.
5. Even if you want to order a lunch every day, please record your choices online each month!
Daily Health Check
If your child is attending "in person" classes, we ask you to complete a daily checklist each morning before leaving for school.
My child has a temperature over 99 degrees.
My child has had diarrhea in the last 48 hours.
My child has a sore throat or flu-like s symptoms.
My child has vomited or shown signs of nausea in the last 48 hours.
My child, or someone in our family, has been exposed to Covid-19.
My child has traveled somewhere currently on the travel ban list in the last 10 days.
I have given my child fever reducers, cold medicine, or other over the counter meds to reduce symptoms of illness within the last 48 hours.
Daily Health Symptom Check
* New cough
* Difficulty breathing
* Loss of taste/smell
* Fever (>99 degrees) or chills
* Congestion/runny nose
* Sore throat
* Muscle or body aches
Please note: If your child has 1 High Risk symptom OR 2 + moderate risk symptoms, he/she will be sent home and allowed to return after 48 hours symptom free and with a doctor's note stating he/she is safe to return to school.
These are very strict guidelines provided to us from the Clay County Health Department that we must follow in an effort to keep our students and staff safe and healthy. We appreciate you partnering with us to ensure we follow these policies and procedures each day!