By: Justine Buman
- Georgia's capitol is Atlanta.
- Georgia is famous for its peanut farms.
- Some landforms in Georgia are mountains, savannahs, swamps, islands, and plateaus. The Appalachian Mountains are a part of Georgia so is the Flint Savannah.
- Georgia has lots of natural resources, they are forests, lumber, rivers, lakes, marshes, wetlands, farmland, coastal shores, marble, minerals, manganese, iron ore, copper, coal, oil, clay, stone, kaolin, sand, gravel, fish, game, wildlife.
- If you went to Georgia and you wanted to visit some places you could go to the Georgia Aquarium in Atlanta, which is the largest aquarium in the world. You could also go to Callaway Gardens with about 13,000 acres of gardens or Stone Mountain park, the most visited attraction in Georgia.
- Georgia's air is very hot in the summer sometimes reaching 90 degrees. In the winter it is nice and cool out. Tornados and tropical twisters are very common there.
The State Georgia
This is the state of Georgia
This is a picture of one of Georgia's lakes.
Towns in Georgia
This is a picture of a house in Georgia
- North Carolinas capitol is Raleigh.
- North Carolina is well known for Biltmore Estate, the largest mansion in America. Biltmore Estate features gardens, stables, and even the most fine winery's.
- North Carolina is very humid. In July the temperature varies around 90 degrees Fahrenheit and in January it varies around 50 degrees Fahrenheit.
- If you wanted to visit somewhere in North Carolina you could go to North Carolina state zoo, underground railroad sites, or the road to nowhere. For example the road to nowhere is a real road going from Bryson City and ending in a tunnel somewhere in the great Smokey Mountains.
- Some landforms in North Carolina are mountains, hills, lakes, rivers, swamps, islands, plains, and many others.
- Some of the Natural resources in North Carolina are timber, North Carolina has more than 180 kinds of woods and trees, minerals, clay, crushed stone, gemstones, feldspar, mica, and lithium are all major minerals in North Carolina, Agriculture, the climate is very good for growing cotton, tobacco, corn, pigs, and cattle. Water, soil, and sunlight are a few more.
- South Carolina's capitol is Columbia.
- South Carolina is very humid with hot summers and cool winters.
- South Carolina is well known for its plantations. Plantations are old farms where all sorts of crops, trees, and flowers are grown.
- Some places to visit in South Carolina are Hilton Head which is an island with beautiful beaches, hotels, shopping areas and very small crowds. Georgetown is a very small and beautiful town to visit and shop in.
- A few natural resources are rich soils, minerals, forests, and water. There is also sunlight.
- Some landforms are waterfalls, rivers, creeks, ponds, hills, mountains, islands, plains, plateaus, and savannahs.
- A few places you could visit in South Carolina are Greenville Zoo where there are 14 acres of animals from all around the world. They do events like Greenville Zoo hot dog day and Sippin' Safari.
This is a picture of Falls Creek, South Carolina's waterfall.
This is a giraffe from the Greenville Zoo in South Carolina.
This is Hilton Head's dock in South Carolina.
- Florida's capitol is Tallahassee.
- Florida is a very humid and is warm all year round. Florida gets lots and lots of rain. The reason Florida is very warm is because it is a peninsula which brings it lots closer to the equator.
- One place to visit in Florida are Disney World, built by Walt Disney and is a very huge theme park. Another place to visit is Miami, once a little citrus town but is now a very beautiful city in Florida.
- Florida is known for growing oranges. The warm weather is great for growing these citrus fruits.
- A few landforms in Florida are everglades, beaches, oceans, lakes, rivers, creeks, ponds, swamps, hills, marshes, sand dunes, bays, lagoons, islands, gulfs, coats, coastlines, streams, and bluffs.
- Here are the major natural resources of all the natural resources in Florida, sugarcane, oranges, cows, salt water, fresh spring water, and seafood.
These are some oranges. The fruit Florida is famous for growing.
This is a beach that is located in Florida.
This is an image of the everglades in Florida.
- Alabama's capitol is Montgomery.
- Alabama's climate is warm and humid. The average temperature is 64 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Alabama is well known for having all the major resources to make iron and steel. The top three resources are iron ore, coal, and phosphor.
- A few places to visit in Alabama are Russell Cave National Monument, Cheaha Mountains, Little River Canyon National Preserve, Cathedral Caverns State Park, Noccalula Falls, Birmingham Zoo, and the U.S. Space and Rocket Center in Huntsville, Alabama.
- Some of the natural resources in Alabama are coal, lumber, oil, natural gas, marble, limestone, soil, water, sunlight, and wildlife.
- There are lots and lots of landforms in Alabama and here are a few, plateaus, mountains, plains, rivers, streams, lakes, ponds, hills, swamps, canyons, gorges, uplands, caves, and bluffs.
Russell cave national monument
This is a picture of Russell cave national monument.
U.S. Space and Rocket Center
The U.S. Space and Rocket Center is located in Huntsville, Alabama.
The Cheaha Mountains are a state park.
Little River Canyon National Preserve
Little River Canyon National Preserve is a state park and it stretches for miles.
Cathedral Caverns State Park
The Cathedral Caverns State Park is located in Birmingham, Alabama.
Birmingham zoo is the most visited tourist attraction in the state.
- Mississippi's capitol is Jackson.
- Mississippi has short winters and very long humid summers. During the summer the temperature averages from 80 degrees to 85 degrees Fahrenheit. During the winter the temperature averages from 40 degrees to 55 degrees Fahrenheit. The Coldest it has ever been in Mississippi was -19 degrees Fahrenheit on January 30, 1966 in Corinth and the hottest it has ever been was in Holly Springs on July 29, 1930 it reached 115 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mississippi is well known for cotton production, catfish production, and in Tupelo, Mississippi Elvis Presley was born.
- Some places to visit in Mississippi are Ocean springs where there are baseball fields, tennis courts, and campgrounds. There is also large green forests where you can go hiking, biking, having a picnic, and bird watching. You can also try oysters, shrimp, crab, and fish at Ocean springs restaurants. You could also go to Port Gibson where you can see the forests, skies, waters, and clouds. Port Gibson is the third oldest city in Mississippi so it has lots of historical sites such as libraries, and other historical buildings. If you go to Port Gibson you might want to see the Windsor Ruins pillars, they were once a plantation mansion that burned down. The population of Port Gibson is 1,500.
- A few of the landforms in Mississippi are mountains, plains, wetlands, lakes, streams, rivers, ponds, caves, hills, canyons, deltas, sand dunes, gulfs, islands, marshes, peninsula.
- Some of Mississippi's natural resources are timber, soil, water, sunlight, natural gasses, oil, coal, and sulfur.
These are the Windsor Ruins Pillars in Port Gibson
Ocean Springs Beach
This is a beach in Ocean Springs
Ocean Springs Resort
This is an Ocean Springs Resort at night
- The capitol of Louisiana is Baton Rouge
- The climate is humid and warm. It is sunny in New Orleans 60% of the time. The temperatures average between 52 degrees and 82 degrees Fahrenheit. They often have tropical storms and hurricanes.
- Louisiana is famous for jazz music, Mardi Gras, and alligators. New Orleans was the birth place of the blues. Mardi Gras is a celebration lasting from New Years till Ash Wednesday.
- Some of the major natural resources are natural gas and oil, sulfur and salt. The major crops are rice, sugarcane, corn, and soybeans. Louisiana is the only state that produces Tabasco peppers for Tabasco Sauce and is the number one producer of craw fish, shrimp, alligator, and oyster.
- A few places to visit are the French Quarter the oldest neighborhood in New Orleans, Blaine Kern's Mardi Gras world where people build floats for the parades, and the super dome where the New Orleans Saints play football. You can also go on swamp tours and plantation tours.
- Some landforms in Louisiana are swamps, coastal wetlands, forests, marshes, and rivers.
- Little Rock is Arkansas's capitol.
- The climate of Arkansas is mild.
- Arkansas is famous for being the home of the Ozark Mountains and Hot Springs National Park. It is also the birth place of president Bill Clinton. The Trail of Tears national historic trail runs through Arkansas.
- Some of the major natural resources in Arkansas are oil, coal, bauxite, trees, and rice. Bauxite is the material used to make aluminum.
- A few of the places to visit in Arkansas are the Arkansas Air and Military museum where you can see the World War to racing planes in flying conditions, Blanchard Springs Cavern which is one of the most beautiful underground discovery since the 20th century, and Buffalo National River which is the country's very first national river.
- Some of the landforms in Arkansas are mountains, valleys, rivers, and lakes. The state has to mountains and they are the Ozark Mountain and the Ouachita Mountain.
Arkansas Air and Space Museum
This is one of the racing planes still in flying condition from World War 2.
Blanchard Springs Cavern
This is on of the many rooms in the cave.
Buffalo National River
This is the Buffalo National River.
- Frankfort is Kentucky's capitol.
- Kentucky's climate is humid and they have a good rainfall. The record temperature is 114 degrees Fahrenheit in Greensburg on July 28, 1930. The record low is -37 degrees Fahrenheit was in Shelbyville on January 19, 1994.
- Kentucky is famous for lots of things including fried chicken, horse racing, bluegrass music, tobacco and college basketball. Bluegrass music is a Scottish,English, and Welsh country music.
- A few of the natural resources in Kentucky are water, minerals, rocks, timber, and agriculture.
- Some places to visit are the Civil war battlefields, museums, art galleries, state parks, American Indian cultural centers. When you go to Kentucky and you want to go to an art gallery you can go to the Bardstown art gallery or you could go to the Lexington art gallery. If you wanted to go to a state park you could go to Carter Caves State Resort Park, Blue Licks Battlefield State Resort Park, or Rough River Dam State Resort Park.
- A few of the landforms in Kentucky are mountains, rivers, hills, valleys, meadows, lakes, streams, Plateaus, and Coastal Plains.
- Tennessee's capitol is Nashville.
- Tennessee's climate has warm summers and mild winters. The average temperature is between 40 degrees Fahrenheit and 83 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Tennessee is famous for being the birth place of Miley Cyrus and it's beauty.
- Some of the natural resources in Tennessee are coal, tomatoes, limestone, fresh water, soil, crops, timber, and natural gas.
- A place to visit in Tennessee The Parthenon which is a model of the Parthenon in Greece. You can also see Smokey Mountains National Park which is a beautiful national park located in the Smokey Mountains.
- The landforms are rocks, waterfalls, peaks, balds, sinkholes, and lakes.
Nashville Tennessee Parthenon pictures
This is a picture of the Parthenon located in Nashville Tennessee.
Inside the Parthenon
This is a picture of the goddess Athena inside the Parthenon in Nashville.
This is an up close picture of Athena inside the Parthenon in Tennessee.
- The capitol of Virginia is Richmond.
- Virginia is famous for being the first English settlement, being the birth place of eight of the U.S. presidents, and they grow lots of peanuts.
- Virginias climate is mild and humid. In Richmond the average temperature is 58 degrees and it ranges from 36 degrees in January to 78 degrees in July. The hottest it has ever been was in Balcony Falls on July 15, 1954 when it reached 110 degrees. The record low was in Mountain Lake on January 22, 1985 it got to -30 degrees Fahrenheit. The average rainfall in Richmond is 43.9 inches and the average snowfall in Richmond is 15 inches and in Norfolk it is only 8 inches.
- Some of Virginia's landforms are mountains, beaches, rivers, lakes, streams, peninsulas, canyons, caves, islands, hills, valleys, volcanos, forests, and waterfalls. Some of the mountains in Virginia are the Blue Ridge Mountains, Cumberland Mountains, and the Bull Run Mountains.
- Virginia's natural resources are Agriculture, air, timber, fruit, tobacco, rich soil, coal and other minerals, grains, and water.
- Virginia has many places to visit and some are Cape Charles where there are many stores, restaurants, beaches, antiques, and museums. You could also go to Onancock or Tangier Island.
This is a picture of somewhere in Cape Charles.
This is a picture of Onancock.
This is a picture of the boat docks in Tangier Island.
- West Virginia's capitol is Charleston..
- West Virginia is famous for coal mining, and being the birth place of Jennifer Garner and Don Knotts. Don Knotts is a famous actor. He was Jesse Donald in The Andy Griffith Show during the 1960's. Jennifer Garner is an American actor and film producer.
- The climate in West Virginia is humid with hot summers and cool sometimes cold winters. The average temperature is 43 degrees Fahrenheit. The hottest it has ever been was 112 degrees in Martinsburg on July 10, 1936. The coldest it has ever been was -37 degrees Fahrenheit in Lewisburg on December 30, 1917. In Charleston the average rainfall is 44 inches and the average snowfall is 20 inches.
- West Virginia has lots of interesting places to visit. One of them are Snowshoe Ski Resort where there are festivals almost every weekend during the summer and fall. You could also go to Cass Scenic Railroad were you can ride up mountains and see lots of sites. Another place you could visit is Lewisburg where there are lots of great stores and restaurants.
- Some of the landforms in Virginia are rivers, lakes, streams, cricks, forests, hills, mountains, coastal plains, caves, valleys, plateaus, peninsulas, canyons, gorges, natural arches, waterfalls, volcanos, and islands.
Snowshoe Ski Resort pictures
Snowshoe Ski Resort
This is Snowshoe Ski Resort.
These are some of Snowshoe Ski Resorts Hotels.
This is Snowshoe Ski Resort's ski lift.
Cass Scenic Railroad pictures
This is one of the trains that did not make it all the way to the top of the mountain.
Train going up the mountain
This is a train that is just starting to go up the mountain.
This is the train at the train station.