Catch the Wind Staff Bulletin
Week of 2/8/16 - 2/12/16
A Message from Keoki
The 'Aikahi Way walk-thrus will begin the week of February 16th. I will stop in articulation to go over the details with you next week if I have not already. On Tuesday February 16th I will stop by K, 1, 2, 3. On Wednesday February 17th I will stop by 4, 5, 6 during math or ELA blocks. For this first round I will simply be looking for and giving feedback on formative assessment. Looking at posted learning targets and success criteria and what strategies are being used to check for understanding during the lesson.
In subsequent weeks I will continue with the walk-thrus and provide you with dates/times and also what the "look fors" will be. These walk-thrus are a way to define expectations and provide support and reinforcement for classroom instructional practices. As mentioned above the first round is on formative assessment. Future walk-thrus will be focused on student engagement and questioning/discussion techniques.
Trisha will also work with you guys on the peer visit schedule. I am asking that we do one round of peer visits during the last week of February. I will further explain the protocols for both next week. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Have a great weekend, if you are watching the big game please enjoy and be safe!
"LET'S BE GREAT FOR ALL 458, STUDENTS"
This Week's Events
- Grades Pre-K and K field trip to HTY
- Core Meetings at 8:15 am in the OCR
- Key Staffers Meeting at 8:30 am
- Kindergarten Articulation at 12:30 pm in B1
- APC Meeting at 2:30
- Grade 2 field trip to HTY
- Grade 4 field trip to Plantation Village
- Grade 3 Articulation at 10:15 am in B1
- Grade Level Meetings at 2:00 pm
- WASC Initial Visit - See schedule
- Grade 4 Articulation at 10:15 am in B1
- Grade 1 Articulation at 12:30 pm in B1
- Grade 5 and 6 Articulation at 9:00 am in B1
- Grade 2 Articulation at 12:30 pm in B1
- President's Day - No School
- PTA CPK Dine Out
- Faculty Meeting at 2:00 pm in the library