December 19, 2022
19 - Grade 4 Concert - 6:00PM
Week of 19th - Spirit Week
23 - No School
26 - 30 - No School/Break
2 - No School
3 - Return to School
10 - First Day of Swim at the YMCA (grade 2)
12 - Luau at Lunch
13 - Early Release
16 - No School
18 - PTO Meeting
School Hours 2022-2023
- Arrival begins at: 8:30 AM
- School Day: 8:45 AM – 3:25 PM
- Dismissal is at 3:25 PM
- Early Release Dismissal: 12:25 PM
December Spirit Week
Grade 4 Chorus Concert
Our Winter Concert is Monday Dec 19.
Doors open at 5:30 PM
Show starts at 6:00 PM
Concert Dress: Students are invited to wear festive holiday clothes.
Please enter through the side door by the teacher’s lot.
Students and parents will be admitted into the building no earlier than 5:30.
Performing students will gather in the atrium.
Parents, please go directly to the cafeteria.
Audience members are asked to remain in the cafeteria for the duration of the evening. Please do not wander in the school or enter classrooms.
Term 1 Report Cards
The window to view report cards ends this week on December 30th. Please go into ASPEN to view them.
If you need any assistance accessing the report cards, please reach out.
A video and instructions on accessing report cards are available for families to reference. You can use this link: https://www.attleboroschools.com/documents/for-families/aspen-information/how-to-view-student-report-cards/332245
Message from the Nurse
The winter months are upon us and with that comes cold and flu season. In order to prevent the spread of illness in our school, I would like to review the health policies regarding communicable diseases and illness.
- Fever: Your child should stay home for full 24 hours after the fever has resolved and no fever reducing medication has been given in that 24-hour span of time.
- Diarrhea: Your child should stay home until there is no more diarrhea for 24 hours.
- Vomiting: Your child should stay home until vomiting has stopped for 24 hours.
- Cold Symptoms: Frequent cough, runny nose, sneezing (not necessarily associated with a fever)-use best judgement when sending your child to school.
- Contagious illnesses: (strep throat, conjunctivitis) Your child needs to have taken at least 24 hours of prescribed medication before coming back to school.
- COVID symptoms: please use an at home test. If positive, please contact the health office for guidance for return to school.
Ways to reduce spread of illness:
- Stay up to date on vaccinations.
- Frequent and thorough hand washing
- Use alcohol-based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available
- Cover coughs and sneezes by coughing or sneezing into your elbow or a tissue if available
- Wear a mask
- Avoid touching eyes, nose, and mouth
- Stay home if you are ill
- Avoid people who are ill
- Avoid crowded places
We could always use clothing donations! The following items are always welcome and appreciated:
- Pants---sweatpants or elastic waist pants are preferred because they can fit many sizes and body types.
- New unused underwear (especially boys) any sizes
- Winter Jackets
**If your child needed to borrow an item, please wash and return (besides underwear-you can keep those) as soon possible so they are available for other students to use. Thank you!
We have begun state required vision, hearing, height and weight screenings for all students. Specific information can be found here https://www.attleboroschools.com/page/health-screenings. These will continue through the winter months until all grade levels are completed. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to contact me.
Have a happy holiday season and stay healthy!
Updating Contact Information in ASPEN
Why do you need to do this?
APS is currently updating the mobile phone numbers on record so that we can send school cancellations and other urgent notices via text message.
How do you do this?
We ask that you update your contact information in Aspen using the workflow directions listed here: https://5il.co/1ldxt If you have multiple students, please complete the workflow for each one. Families who wish to have their child(ren) receive text messaging from the district/school, should provide student cell phone number(s) through this workflow as well.
Family and Community Resource Guide
The APS Welcome Center is happy to share the Family and Community Resource Guide. This guide is for the APS Community, including families, students, and staff, to access local resources and support. You can access the guide by visiting the Welcome Center webpage
Community Flier Summary
All APS Community Fliers can be found within the Welcome Center website. To view this week’s fliers, including information from throughout Attleboro please visit the Welcome Center webpage or click here for current fliers.