Job Duties / Responsibilities
PTs (Physical Therapist) examine each individual and develop a plan using treatment techniques to promote the ability to move, reduce pain, restore function, and prevent disability. In addition to provide care for people in a variety of settings, including hospitals, private practices, outpatient clinics, home health agencies, schools, sports and fitness facilities, work settings, and nursing homes. State licensure is required in each state in which a physical therapist
- Main hospitals
- Children hospital
- Doctor Offices
- indoor places
Days & Hours worked
- 20 hours per week
- They can work weekend , holidays its there choice well its up to where they work at and who they boss is.
Starting salary and salary range w / experience
- per hour $ 24.29
- Salary range (year) 112,020
Education / Training Required
- Associates Degree
- Masters Degree
- Educational Requirements for PTs. Before they are allowed to practice, physical therapists must have earned graduate degrees from accredited academic programs in PTs. These programs culminate in either master's or doctoral degrees and take 2-3 years to complete.
Personality Characteristics needed for a person seeking employment in this field
- Well Rounded
Advice you would give to someone who wanted to get the job
It's going to be a lot of work. Better be good with kids an crazy parents!
3 Positive Aspects of the job
- seeing patients return back to full function
- That your helping people
- working with children and athletes
3 Negative Aspects of the job
- Not good when a patient has a really bad attitude
- The amount of paper work required
- Healthcare its self can be stressful sometimes
After researching this it made me fall in love even more with becoming a physical therapist. There is so many things that i can do to become a physical therapist for example go to PLCC the have physical therapist program there. I could even like a student things where i over look them wale they do there job. Like i think that this best fits me i have been in therapy for 3 years now for my knee. I am glade we got to do this .