Compass Classroom News
January 23, 2015
- January 23 - Cookie Dough Fundraiser Kickoff
Skills We Are Working On
- Beginning, Middle, End of a story (problem and solution as well for third and fourth graders)
- Properties of Addition (First Grade)
- Properties of Multiplication (Third and Fourth Grade)
- Noticing the difference between addition and subtraction (First Grade)
- Parts of a Plant (First and Second Grade)
- U.S. Symbols (Third Grade)
- Animal Adaptations (Fourth Grade)
- Reading Comprehension (All Grades)
- Table Manners
- The Unthinkables (click the link to learn more: http://srsp.weebly.com/uploads/7/2/4/4/7244139/appendix_b_-_cards.pdf)
- Making a GoAnimate video: https://goanimate4schools.com/school/sharksshull
- Creating a Google Slides presentation
- We are scheduling it during our day.
- We are waiting to schedule our Compass party until all grade levels have scheduled theirs.
- We are inviting parents to attend and help out.
- We will need donations!
- Students can make a box at home for their Valentines. This is not required. They will need something for their Valentines. See below for an example and link to a how to website.
- Students will need Valentines for their grade level classes as well as for Compass. There are approximately 25 students in their grade level classes and eight in Compass. Please just write "From: (Their Name)". That will make it less confusing to pass out!
If you would be interested in volunteering and/or donating, let us know! More information will be coming out soon about needed items OR if you have any amazing ideas please email us!
Click the link below to check it out!
Road Trip and Safety Plan
Please contact us with any questions!
Next Week's Specials Rotation
Monday - MusicTuesday - P.E.
Wednesday - Art
Thursday - Leadership Skills
Friday - Music
Show and Tell
Students will bring the items to school, share them with their classmates in the Compass Classroom, and then invite a friend from their grade level classroom to share with them.
We are still sending home daily sheets that state your child's color and percentage of points for the day.
Our Goals for Students
1. We want them to be safe.
2. We want them to make friends.
3. We want them to learn.
It is important to us to have high, but realistic, expectations for students. We want them to get to be with their grade level class as much as possible - when they are ready. This timeline is different for each child in our class. Our school district's mission is "Preparing EACH student for a successful and meaningful life." This is something we are all striving and working for.