E-Town Parent Connect
September 2014 - Week 2
This Week's E-Town Lesson
September's Virtue: RESPONSIBLILTY
Bible Story: Follow the Leader - Elijah & Elisha
Scripture: 1 Kings 19:16-21 and 2 Kings 2:1-15
Bottom Line: Show you can be trusted to lead by learning how to follow.
Memory Verse: "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much." Luke 16:10
Resources to help you in your VERY HIGH calling of parenting!
1. At bedtime, read 1 Kings 19:15-21 and 2 Kings 2:1-15 in a children's Bible of your choice. Talk about how Elisha had to be responsible to follow Elijah in order to be the great
leader that God was calling him to be.
2. Watch the Bible video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=guCtM7pg13E
3. Ask your child: Who in your life do you need to learn to follow? As Elisha followed Elijah what are some things he had to learn before becoming a leader?
4. Don't miss this AWESOME new resource for parents!!! theparentcue.org
Last two RESPONSIBLE things...
1. Don't forget that we will be collecting food items for the Salvation Army Food Pantry. They are completely out of food! Canned, jarred, or boxed foods are perfect. I will have a box available at the E-Town check-in desk for you to drop it off. THANKS!!!
2. Responsibility Charts are available on the E-Town Info. desk. These charts are a fun way for your child to put RESPONSIBILITY INTO ACTION. Just "catch" your child being responsible and write it on the chart. Not only will your child have the GINORMOUS blessing of growing in responsibility, but they will also get to choose a prize if they bring it in completed! :)