Prestwick STEM Academy
Prestwick Profile Community- Vol. 27
Ask your learners for 6wk progress reports
Expanding our Experiences
Denton County presented their traveling museum of the African American community called Quakertown, neighboring what we now know as Texas Women's University. This community was forced to move by the city of Denton because of the then president of the university felt that in order to grow the college, a park would benefit the growth over the existing town. Today, you will find the park, recreation center, and other city amenities were the homes of freed African American built their communities after the Civil War.
Students were exposed to careers, entrepreneurship, and technology that help build their new found life as freed men and women!
Incoming 7th and 8th Graders - Let's choose classes for next year
2016-2017 7th and 8th Grade Important info
Week of 2/15 - 7th and 8th Grade Course Selection Begins - Hard copy of forms are coming home.
How do we do this?
You may login with student focus login to do so from home OR come to Prestwick for assistance. Please send in your forms after completed for us to keep on file. We are happy to help you!
Thursday - 2/18 Selection Night for 6th families needing assistance @ PSA 5:30-6:30 pm
Students MUST bring charged chromebooks to this event.
Resources to help you with this include course selection pages and course catalog. What you need:
- Course selection page for 7th and 8th Grade to help you plan out your 7 periods
- Directions/click sheets for logging into FOCUS to make your selections
Final Checks before you can check this off your list as completed?
- Have you selected 4 core classes? (Math, Reading, Science, Social Studies_
- Have you selected electives? (2 electives in 7th due to ELAR double blocked and 2.5 in 8th due to required Career Portals)
- Have you verified that if you chose a semester elective you have another to match up with it?
- Have you chosen alternatives in case your first choice options are not available?
- Did you save and turn in your selection planning page?
Important date for incoming LEHS 9th graders
2/17 Visit to 8th grade classrooms and forms go home
Tuesday - 2/23 Selection Night for incoming 7th and 8th @ PSA 5:30-7:30 pm