Don't Flee, Join the Pharisees!
Sophia Silva and Alexis Arceneaux
The Pharisees' Beliefs
- Their belief was in an Oral Law that God gave to Moses at Sinai along with the Torah
- The Torah or Written Law was akin to the U.S. Constitution in the sense that it set down a series of laws that were open to interpretation
- They believed that having guardianship of this law was proof that they were God's chosen people, to whom the Messiah would come
Join the Pharisees!!!
Pharisees are Different
- Sadducees were Rivals to the Pharisees
- They also believed the best way to survive was to cooperate with the Gentiles
- Pharisees refused to associate with the Gentiles
“Sometimes, you will go through awful trials in your life and then a miracle happens--God heals you. Don’t be disheartened when the people you love don’t see things like you do. There will be Pharisees in your life that will laugh it off, deny that it happened, or will mock your experience based on righteousness!"