EC PTA Newsletter
EC School Store
The school store will be open every other Wednesday from 11:00am-1:00pm for all grades.
- January 8
- January 22
- February 5
- February 19
- March 4
- March 18
- April 1
- April 15
- April 29
- May 13
- May 27
Our EC School Store is ready for shoppers! All grade levels may shop during store hours. The store will carry a wide variety of items suitable for all ages, including, pens, pencils, erasers, key chains, posters, and more! As well as a few spirit items, our Wildcat headbands and Custom OJR Pura Vida bracelets. (Prices range from $0.25 - $10).
EC PTA Pizza Bingo & Basket Raffle!
Please join your EC PTA for a night of pizza, bingo, family, friends, fun & the chance to win prizes. This is an event you don’t want to miss as we will again have “celebrity” callers. Basket Raffle Tickets available until 7:00pm during the Pizza Bingo on Friday the 24th.
WHEN : Friday, January 24, 2020
WHERE : EC gymnasium & cafeteria
TIME : Bingo will start at approximately 6:30 pm. Doors will open at 5:45, come early & eat prior to playing bingo.
COST : $6/person if pre-registered by 1/22/20 or $7 at the door (cost includes: 1 bingo card, 1 slice of pizza & 1 drink)
Can’t attend the Basket Raffle Fundraiser on January 24th?
We have 20 Fabulous Baskets with estimated values of $50 to $550!!
No forms/payment will be accepted after 1/22.
Click Here to Download the Pre-Purchase Form for Raffle Tickets.
Talent Show Canceled
Every event the EC PTA provides for our students requires volunteers who are willing to plan and execute the event. After school tryouts and practices, as well as someone with the ability to choreograph the participants' final number, have always been necessary for its success. We know many of our students look forward to the Talent Show every year but we are sad to say that no one has come forward with the ability to commit to running it successfully. We are more than happy to offer the Talent Show again next year if a committee can be raised.
Wow! We've reached $100 on Shoparoo! Thank you to everyone who has been scanning receipts. We've got 41 participants, spread the word and let's keep earning! Shoparoo can be downloaded in your app store. With certain events needing only $200-300, this could fund one of our events without ever spending any money.
Roo Points do not reflect total $ amount spent. Each grocery receipt is awarded based on the total transaction amount on the receipt:
Less than $10 = 10 Roo Points
$10 - $50 = 20 Roo Points
$50 - $100 = 30 Roo Points
$100 or more = 40 Roo Points "
Hassle-Free Fundraising! Turn your shopping receipts into donations for your school. It's that simple. Download the Shoparoo App and select East Coventry PTA as your school of choice. Every time you shop, login to the app and take a photo of your receipt. Each receipt counts as points or raffle drawings (based on your spending). Points are accumulated and turned into cash for the PTA!
EC PTA Amazon WishList!
(and while you're at it - you can add ECPTA as your designated charity on Smile!)
ECPTA provides all our own paper for any communications that go out to our students. We're looking to build up a stock of colored papers for all our flyers! Any brand - any color will do! (as long as it's printer paper!)
Free Money For EC!
We are still collecting physical Box Tops as well so don't throw them away!
Box Tops is Going Digital!
Box Tops is changing to fit today's families. The new and improved Box Tops mobile app uses state-of-the-art technology to scan your store receipt, find participating products and instantly add Box Tops to your school's earnings online.
- MORE CONVENIENT - Redeem anywhere, anytime within 14 days of purchase
- REAL TIME - Your school’s earnings are automatically updated online
- EXTRA CASH - Access special bonus offers on top of your Box Tops earnings
- EASY TO USE - No more clipping or sending Box Tops to school
- Register your Giant Food Stores Reward Card online or sign in to your account.
- Select East Coventry Elementary.
- Selected school earns money from your qualified purchases during the program year.
- All funds go directly to the school (not ECPTA budget).
Where Does Your Money Go?
As a non profit organization we are continually raising money for all the activities and services we provide for our students here at EC. We wanted to inform you where all of your amazing support for our fundraisers is being spent and distributed. Our fundraising provides us the opportunities to support the students with activities/programs/events that we do not charge for participation! Our fiscal year runs from July 1st through June 30th. Many events require bookings months ahead of time, so we are constantly raising money for the next school year. We also try to give our families many alternative ways to help contribute to our fundraising with various events throughout the year.
Below is a list of the main recurring things PTA provides to our students annually (not including the expenses for running a non-profit; including but not limited to office supplies, decorations, postage, prizes etc.). We do our best trying to get things and services donated as much as possible!
- 6th grade promotion gifts - $400
- Insurance for the PTA - $600
- Security for all PTA events - $1000
- Fall Family Fun Fest - $1500
- Pizza Bingo and Raffle - $1000
- 5th/6th Grade Social - $600
- Art Department Donation - $200
- Assemblies - $1500
- Author Visits - $5000
- Bounce Back To School Bash - $2000
- Field Day and Field Trip Shirts - $3500
- Field Trip $10 allotment for each Student - $6100
- Hand Sanitizer for each Classroom - $200
- Hospitality - $1000
- Ice Cream Social - $500
- Library Donation - $100 (plus donations from book fair)
- Family Movie Night - $250
- Music Department Donation - $600
- PE/Health Donation - $100
- Science Fair Expenses - $525
- Someone Special Dance - $500
- Staff Apprieciation - $500
- Talent Show - $50
- Snack Assistance - $500
- Yearbook Expense (Donation of yearbook to each 6th Grader) - $2500
That is a total of $32,875!
Check out the EC PTA Website!
Click Below for Information on OJRSD Volunteering Clearances:
Volunteering Information, Clearances & Procedures
2019-2020 East Coventry PTA Events
- January 24, 2020 (Snow Date January 31, 2020) - Pizza Bingo & Basket Raffle
- February 11, 2020 - General EC PTA Meeting (All Welcome)
- February 21, 2020 (Snow Date February 28, 2020) - Someone Special Dance
- March 2, 2020 - Author Visit - Annette Whipple
- March 2-13, 2020 - Read-A-Thon
- March 10, 2020 - General EC PTA Meeting (All Welcome)
- March 16, 2020 - School Assembly - Wacky Science
- April 3, 2020 - 5/6th Grade Social
- April 14, 2020 - General EC PTA Meeting (All Welcome)
- April 14-17 - Spring Book Fair
- May 1, 2020 - Ice Cream Social & Art Show
- May 12, 2020 - General EC PTA Meeting (All Welcome)
- May 21, 2020 (Rain Date May 29, 2020) - Field Day
PTA General Meeting
Tuesday, Feb. 11th, 7pm
East Coventry Elementary School
Special Guest, Steve Pressman, President and Chief Solutions Architect at Alpine Cyber Solutions, (and EC Parent) will give us some tips on keeping things safe online in our homes!
Meetings are usually held on the second Tuesday of each month (note some exceptions) at 7:00 pm in the school library. Click here for all the meeting times and dates.
President - Betsy Iannarino
1st Vice President - Cara Burrell
2nd Vice President - Jenniffer Colon
Treasurer - Nikki Young
Secretary - Kelly Walker
Questions? Email us at: email@example.com