By: Kailyn Terry
140) If he be a freed man he shall give her one-third of a Mina of gold.
195) If a son strike his father, his hands shall be hewn off.
200) If a man knock out the teeth of his equal, his teeth shall be knocked out.
212) If this woman die, he shall pay half a Mina.
252) If he a mans slave, he shall pay one-third of a Mina.
***Hammurabi made the first written set of laws with the first Sumerian written cuniform. It is what some countries base their laws off today . Although it is changed up because it punished almost every crime oth death.
Requirements of a civilizations
* new political and military structures
*social structure based on economic power
* the development of complex technology
* development of writing
* distinct religious structure
* new forms of artistic and cultural activity
The story of Gilgamesh
The Mashkan-shapir collapse
What they ate
Why they lived close to body of waters
Steps to Farm In Mesopotamia
1-Local officials decide when to let water flow onto crops
2-Farmers let animals graze in soil to trample and eat weeds.
3-Farmers break up the soil using hand tools
4-Spread seeds and plow
6-Harvest the plants
Hanging Gardens Of Babylon
Upperclass- Men and women wore jewelry, especially rings. Men wore skirts and had long hair, curly moustaches, and long beards.
Lower class- In ancient Sumer, people were paid for their work. If they ran a shop or worked in the fields, they were paid for their goods or labor.
Priests- The priests were powerful. They were in charge of making sure everyone behaved in a way that would make the gods happy.