Lord of the Flies Project
- Promote democracy as a means to achieve security, stability, and prosperity for the entire world;
- Assist newly formed democracies in implementing democratic principles;
- Assist democracy advocates around the world to establish vibrant democracies in their own countries; and
- Identify and denounce regimes that deny their citizens the right to choose their leaders in elections that are free, fair, and transparent.(Democracy).
- Every one has a right to vote (includes children older than age 10)
- Leader will be chosen by the community through elections.
- Everyone has a freedom of conscience and religion.
- Everyone has a freedom of thought, belief, opinion and expression.
- Freedom of Peaceful assembly and association.(Constitution)
- Everyone has a right to criticize the leader.
- Everyone has a right to talk to the leader.
- Every type of violence is prohibited.
- Community can select their own judge to seek a justice in any case,
- Elections will be held every five years to select the leader and judge.
I will enforce my rules by following steps:
- I will keep the consequences of any violation reasonable to help ensure enforcement.
- I will call assembly every month and listen their problems. I will motivate them be a good citizens.
- I will recall the rules in every meeting.
Historical Example of a country affected by in-fighting
During World War 1, Belgium opted to remain neutral because of the small amount of military to fight against France and Germany. Invaded by Germany, as the most effective route for an invasion of France was through Belgium. Devastated by the Germans in WWI, and further damaged when Germany refused to pay war reparations after the war which really affected the government economically. 62000 civilians and 42,987 military personals died during the invasion which was 1.4% of the total population(Effect).
"Ralph! Ralph!.................more audible" (Pg 166-167) This quote describes the event when Jack's group invaded the territory of Ralph, started beating them and stole the spears of Piggy which was like a piece of gold for them. They didn't kill anyone on that moment but later when Piggy and Ralph requested Jack to gave the spears back, they killed Piggy in return.
Current Political Conflict/War
Israel and Palestine Conflict
The alternative to a two-state solution is a "one-state solution," wherein all of the land becomes either one big Israel or one big Palestine. Most observers think this would cause more problems than it would solve, but this outcome is becoming more likely over time for political and demographic reasons.(Beauchamp).
Strength and Weaknesses of Israel
USA is one of the big supporter of Israel who is giving millions of dollars to to maintain military and buy weapons. Some other countries also support Israel. Israel also contains best air defense system, modern airplanes and missiles. One big weakness of Israel is its defense system which can't destroy all missiles in air.
Strength and Weaknesses of Palestine
Russia, Iran and Lebanon are one of the big supporters of Palestine. Palestine also has many old missiles that was fired on Israel. Palestinian people also support Hamas and their army. Their weakness is the lackness of technology and modern weapons.
According to this information, this conflict will not solve sooner. Israel has a big chance to win the war but Palestine is also a strong opponent due to the support of Iran and Hezbollah. It might be possible that they will be agree on two state solution if other countries play some positive role.
Golding, William. Lord of the Flies. New York: Coward-McCann, 1962. Print.
"Democracy." U.S. Department of State. U.S. Department of State, n.d. Web. 29 Apr. 2015.
"Democracy Is the Best Form of Government." Democracy Is the Best Form of Government. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
"Constitution Acts, 1867 to 1982." Legislative Services Branch. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
"Effect of World War I on Each Country." Effect of World War I on Each Country. N.p., n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
Beauchamp, Zack. "What Are Israel and Palestine? Why Are They Fighting?"Vox. N.p., 31 Mar. 2014. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.
"Israel and Palestine Explained." YouTube. YouTube, n.d. Web. 30 Apr. 2015.